Sunday, May 07, 2023

Disney Cruise Day Two

I just realized a few of those photos of us exploring the ship are from different days. Thus the outfit changes. LOL. 
                                  

After the movie we went back to our room to get ready for bed.  This was our towel creation for the night. We had no idea what it was? Anyone know?



Our room was as far aft as you can get.  (As far in the back of the ship). Like there was no room to the left of us, because our room was the very last one before hitting the back of the ship. Such a long walk from the elevators! Anyway, I had read that rooms that are in the back of the ship, you can feel "some vibrations".  I was expecting this, but Holy Cow cruise ship, "some" vibrations actually meant the bed actually MOVED from the vibrations, and they were loud! You know in old movies or tv shows where they have those machines on the bed in a hotel room where there's a switch and you can make the bed vibrate, for like a massage or something?  I have no idea if you know what I am talking about, but man did that bed vibrate!  I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to sleep, it was that bad. Thankfully I was able to sleep with some ear plugs and I got used to the motion of the vibrating.  This is something I think should definitely be disclosed to the people who purchase rooms way back there.  Turns out we didn't have a neighbor to our left and only a wall on the right, so our room was SUPER quiet. (Except for the vibrations).  It turned out not to be a big deal for us in the end, but keep in mind if you are going on a cruise and choosing your room.  Two of the restaurants are also aft of the ship and it vibrated down there too.

Today we slept in a little since we had such a late night last night.  We headed to the buffet at Cabanas again, but for breakfast, not lunch. I found the breakfast buffet to be much better than the lunch. After lunch we visited "Cove Cafe", which is an adults only coffee bar and I got this cute coffee. I love him!


We spent a good part of our first day at sea at the Spa.  I forgot to say, on the first day, right when we boarded we booked it to the spa to get passes to the "Senses Spa", because day passes sell out quick.  The pass lasted your whole trip and you could go as many times as you wanted throughout your trip.  We only went two days but spent a few hours there each time. Again, no photos because it was wet in there and I didn't want my phone to get ruined.  Not until later did I realize my phone is water proof and I could have taken it with me.  Duh!

Anyway, the spa has several different sections to it.  The first are the saunas.  There are two.  I referred to them as 1. The scorching one, and 2. The essential oils one.  In reality they are called the "mid temperature sauna", (apparently there is one in each locker room that is hotter!) and the "aromatic sauna".  

Guess which one I chose?  The mid temperature sauna was scorching hot and I couldn't stay in that one for more than five minutes.  It was so hot!  I don't know how people handle that kind of damp heat.  Not for me.  The Aromatic sauna was lovely. It was less hot, had a shower nozzle to add steam or cool off with, and smelled of lavender.  I spent all my time in that one. When you need a break you head over to one of their showers to rinse off.  The first shower was super hot, and again I couldn't handle the heat. The second one is medium hot and just right. The third one was the "cold fog" shower and I liked that one too.  After you take your shower you head over to the "heated loungers". These were her heavenly!  I don't know what it was about them, because they were simply lounge chairs with little tiles on them that heated up, but they felt so good!  Especially after the cold fog shower.  I could have spent days there! The spa was wonderful.

After the spa we went back to the room to change.  We went back up to the pool deck to grab a bite to eat. They have three quick service restaurants up there.  Daisy's Dee-Lites, Pinnochio's Pizza, and Pete's Boiler Bites.  Daisy's is salads and sandwiches, more lighter fair.  Pinnochio's was Pizza of course, but they made it right there and it was so fresh and yummy.  Pete's was burgers and hot dogs, with different types of proteins like fish, chicken or veggie in addition to beef patties. I didn't eat here at all but Joe had a really good pork sandwich there on our last day. We spent the day at the adult pool(not swimming just reading at a table in the sun).

Our first sunset at sea

The first sea day was Pirate Night. We inadvertently kind of skipped Pirate Night, as that was the night I booked us to go to the Fancy restaurant on board, which was called "Palo".  It has an extra charge and is adults only.  Well it turns out that because it was pirates night, no one wanted to eat at Palo and we were essentially alone in there! The service we got was amazing! I mean, the service would have been amazing anyway, but to have the waiter to ourselves was awesome!





I had the Salmon (again-but this one was so much better). Again, can't find any other photos I took of food here. I also had the caprese as an appetizer, and Joe had the Calamari. Both were so fresh and so good.  For dessert we shared the chocolate Soufflé.  To die for.
                                     
                          

                                             

I found some more photos of the exterior of the ship. This is the adult only pool area.  It was really nice!
Palo was so much fun.
After Palo it was time for Pirate night up on the ship deck. We went out for a little bit and it was cold and windy. The show was very high energy and loud, and we were tired. We decided to call it a night so we missed most of the show. Here's a few photos:

They had sent a message out letting guests know to keep your verandah doors closed during Fireworks and to please stay inside while the were going on.  Well, they were shooting them off right above us, so we opened the verandah door a teeny bit and took these photos. It was pretty cool!


To end the night I ordered room service for a a couple of Mickey Bars.  So cute and yummy!



Our towel (blanket) creation for  the night. A Pirate, of course!  Very clever.


I'm super bummed because we ordered a photo package that included all of the professional photographs to download. Well, the watermarks are still on them.  I called and they said I have to email them to get support, and that can take up to 20 days!  I'm super disappointed because I really wanted to include them here. I also want to start a scrapbook.  I know it's not the end of the world but I am disappointed that they can't help me sooner.   Others in our group are having the same problem.  I don't even have any iPhone pictures because I didn't have them take them with my phone because I knew I was getting the package.Hey, if that's the worst thing to happen to me today I'm doing alright.  

Day Three is Cabo San Lucas.  I'll post that later today.  













































































No comments: