Saturday, August 22, 2009


That's how I have been feeling. Blah.

Has it really been almost a week since I last posted?

I'm not feeling the blog lately. You probably noticed that.

I broke my little toe last Saturday and it does not seem to be healing. I thought it was getting better but now it appears to have taken a turn for the worse.

I think part of the problem is that I won't stay off of it. I have been hobbling around for almost a week on it and now I can hardly but any weight on my foot at all.

I'm trying to avoid going to the urgent care by icing it and taking some left over pain killers. Although I do have insurance my co-pay is quite high and we are quite short on money right now. We are still having problems getting the unemployment department to pay us in a regular and consistent manner. It is a source of constant stress between Joe and myself, especially since he is not working at all now. Not even at the part time job that he had. Note the past tense of that word. "Had".

Joe and I both agree if it doesn't feel much better by tomorrow a trip to the urgent care will be in order. He is off to the pharmacy in a few minutes to see if he can find me some kind of splint for it and I borrowed some crutches from my Dad to make me stay off of it.

Having a bum foot has cut drastically into my exercise routine and that in itself makes me grumpy. It has been quite unseasonably cool here and as I sit here on the couch with my foot elevated I find that I am quite annoyed that I can't even get out and go for a walk.

I did somehow manage to lose another 2 pounds though, despite all of the eating I did when my kitchen was packed up and all the eating out we did while my sister was visiting.

Perhaps the new thyroid meds are finally taking effect, although I can't tell at all from my energy level. I am still bone tired much of the time.

It was not my intent for this post to turn into one long complaint.


Today I had lunch with my Dad and then Joe and I spent a lazy afternoon watching old movies on t.v.

I chose "Dirty Dancing" and now we(Joe) are watching "Arachnophobia". (Ewwwww.........!)

I love days like this and I'm glad to have them because tomorrow I will be gone all day at a baby shower and then dinner with my mother in law.

Send good thoughts :)

Be back tomorrow with my three words for the week.

What are you all up to this weekend?


KHM said...

Was it one of your smaller toes? I have broken these more than once, and if it is not your big toe save yourself the trip to ER. Here is what they will do for it.

Get some nice hypoallergenic first aid tape

Tape to the toe(s) next to it for support.
Wear sandals or extra wide shoes.
Expect this to last 8-10 weeks. It will heal but not fast because walking puts continued stress on it.
If you didn't have it taped to the next toe it got wiggled around too much.

If it is sticking out sideways forget I said this - they will need to align the toe before they tape it to its neighbor.

Anyway, they are painful, but they do heal given enough time.

PS - stress can make you tired. You have the right.

KHM said...

PS - drop me a note if this is not clear - I am trying to remember if I broke my toes 2 times or 3 right now . . .