Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was lovely.  It was low key, which was something I needed.  We hung around the house. Lisa's friends cooked dinner(and it was probably one of the most delicious Thanksgiving meals we have ever had).  We went to Half Moon Bay one day and the weather was beautiful.  Half Moon Bay is one of my fav places. We cut down our own Christmas tree(for Lisa).  We ate too much and spent time together and overall had a wonderful time.

The only thing I would have changed was the drive home.  Suckage.  We left too late.  Won't be doing that again.

I didn't take too many pictures but here are a few.

The weather was so beautiful.  It wasn't windy or cold for once.




Heaven


The waves were scary huge as usual






I like this picture. Too bad we are so squinty in it.




Christmas tree lot. This place was awesome.  Been avery long time since we cut down a tree. I think Cameron was a baby the last time.



It was dog heaven.


Checking out the choices



Nothing about this seems like a good idea.  


It actually turned out fine and the kids had a blast.  O.K., I did too.  But you won't be seeing pictures of that.  You'll gave to take my word for it.  It was fun.


Cutting down the ONE.




We put our own tree up and I love it.  We haven't had a tree in two years.  We got a live one and the house smells so good.  All of my decorations are in storage so I got some cheap new ones at Target and went with a solid ice blue and silver theme.  It's so pretty.



Now I must try very hard not to stress too much over Christmas, which I tend to do. The tree is up and some lights are outside.  A couple of presents are bought and I am not buying many more this year.  I must not stress about the rest of it.  I spend too much time worrying about things that I don't enjoy them.  I am going to try not to do that this year.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

sounds pretty fine! The ocean pictures are amazing.

lea
xo

Rhonda said...

Half Moon Bay is one of my favorite places too! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I hear you on the Xmas stress...I have the same goals as you. Hopefully, we'll pull it off!!