Saturday, December 17, 2011

You Might have a Migraine if..........

You post the same thing twice and you don't even realize it.  I posted almost the exact same thing about my Christmas tree in my Thanksgiving post and then again in my last post.  Sorry about that.  My last post was brought to you in a migraine induced haze.

The good news is the migraine is gone.  Finally. It took 10 days and much pain medication(including two shots at the doctor's office on Friday, both in the butt-OW!).  But it's gone.

Thank.  Goodness. I only get migraines that bad four or five times a year.  I was having severe pain in my neck and upper back with this one and the doctor determined yesterday that it was actually a tension headache that morphed into a migraine(with blurred vision and sensitivity to light for extra fun).  Yay  me for being such an anxiety ridden spaz that I am causing myself headaches.  I must learn to chill.  Geez.

I chose our ornament for this year at Disneyland.  It's WALL-E and Eve.  So cute.  You can see a little bit in this picture how dead our Christmas tree is. It actually has a brown tint to it.  It is definitely coming down before we leave on Friday. It's a major fire hazard at this point.



We had our staff Christmas party last night at the Chart House in Dana Point.  We had fun.  I had a little too much fun.  That's all I'm going to say about that.  :)

My boss got me a pair of slippers that light up so you can see your way in the dark.  He bought them as a joke.  We had a lot of fun with them last night.   I wore them for the remainder of the night. They were a big hit at the bar we went to afterwards.  I am hoping I left my actual shoes in my co-worker's car because they were nowhere to be found when I got home and they were brand new.  I told you I had a little too much fun!

I didn't get to do a lot of crafting this year for Christmas presents.  Lisa bought all of the materials to hand pour some candles and we forgot to make them at Thanksgiving so she made some for me and had them shipped.

They came today .  She did a really great job because they look professional and smell so good.



 I decided to fancy them up a little with some vintage like stickers and some pearls I picked up at Michael's a while back for another project.  I'm happy with the way they turned out.






  I think a lot of people skipped sending Christmas cards this year because I sent out 65 and only received about 20 back so far. It bums me out because I LOVE Christmas cards.  I keep each and every one from year's past.  It's fun to go back and look at them.  I saw on Pinterest how to make them into books, like small scrapbooks.  If I'm feeling ambitious I might try it.  I have boxes and boxes of old cards people have sent me, for all occasions.

I still have a few things to buy and I haven't started wrapping yet.

Now we are coming into the home stretch for Christmas.  I work four days next week and then we head up to Lisa's early on the 23rd.  It's going to be a quick trip again for sure but I know we will have a good time.

7 more days!


1 comment:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

HAHAHA! I love that you had fun at your party and hope you find your shoes!

SO sorry you have had that nasty migraine.

I am doing New Year cards! I didn't get Christmas cards done!

Enjoy that week my friend.

lea
xo