Friday, January 02, 2015

Sausalito

Let's see, where did I leave off?

Oh that's right, the last day of our vacation.  We ventured into Sausalito, along with a thousand other people on Christmas break. 

Sausalito is such a charming little town, right on the bay with a beautiful view of the city.  

Took some touristy photos and did a little shopping. 

Cute name for a bike rental place

Cool stairs leading right into the ocean.  It was a little chilly for swimming. 

Sees-sters


 Elephant statue in the town square. 




And fountain



This guy was balancing rocks overlooking the bay. He was very good! I have no idea how he gets the rocks to stay like that.  

We headed home to make a yummy dinner and hang out by the fire, and get ready to pack it up to leave in the morning(sob!) 

We got a very late start home, as I didn't want to leave.  That put us home around almost ten o' clock Monday night.  I went right to bed so I could be at work bright and early the next day.  

I was ready to settle back into the daily grind, with a day off in a couple of days.  Little did I know that the next day would begin an adventure we had never experienced before. 

No comments: