Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Post About Politics

I'm about to do something I've never done on this blog, in the entire 9 years it has been in existence,
and that is talk about politics.

So we have voted into office a pseudo celebrity with zero political experience.  ZERO. He is the most unqualified candidate to ever be elected into office.  History was made in that regard.  (Yay us)

I am disappointed. I am sad.  I am in disbelief.  I am not these things because I lost.  Not because "my" candidate lost and "yours" won.  It isn't about Democrats and Republicans. It isn't about party lines.

I am sad because in addition to having zero political experience, we also voted into office a candidate who spewed hate and racism his entire campaign(whether you believe it or not).

This is an excellent article on why I am sad:
This is Why We Grieve Trump

 Many of my friends have shared this sentiment regarding the election results.

 "Regardless of how I feel about him I will need to respect him because he will be our Commander in Chief."

To that I say NO.  I do not have to respect him.  Accept it?  Yes.  Respect?  No.  I refuse to respect a man who has zero respect for me as a woman.

Many, many people have shown zero respect for our current President over the last 8 years.  They have voiced  dissatisfaction, and often contempt at every turn.  Article after article, shared on FB stating what a horrible president he is and has been.  That's not respect. But it's our right, because we live in a democracy and practice free speech to speak out about our elected leaders if we don't agree with them(or don't like them).

Trump himself shows no respect for our current president.

9 of the nastiest things Trump has said about Obama

So no, don't expect me to respect this man as our president.  Because I don't, and I won't.

For the first time in a long time I'm scared for our future.

I'm scared for all of my friends who have children adopted from other countries who are WORRIED they will be sent back to where they came from.  It doesn't matter how likely that is or isn't.  What matters is that the future POTUS is saying things that make them feel this way. Kids are smart. Kids pay attention.  They feel the hatred and fear in the air.

Two separate friends(actual, IRL friends that I know, not a friend of a fb friend) posted about incidents that happened the day after the election where kids on the playground were telling kids of color they needed to "go back home" because we are "building a wall".

In fact, racist incidents are up since the election:
Time magazine article on the rise in racist incidents since the election

It's a different world we live in where kids are mimicking hateful words they heard from our President elect, and not just from home, or wherever else they might hear racist speech.

When is the last time we elected a president where we needed actual advice on how to talk to our children about it because they're scared?  I can't remember one.

Talking to Kids About Trump's Victory
How To Talk to Your Kids About Donald Trump



I will try to be understanding of your views if you are tired of the "establishment" and think that he will shake things up.

I will try to be understanding of your point of view if you think he is a good businessman who can get our country out of debt.

I will try to be understanding of your point of view if Obamacare was a failure for your family(it wasn't for mine).

I will try to be understanding of your point of view if you voted for him because he is Conservative and you wanted conservative members of the Supreme Court.

I will try to be understanding of your point of view if you voted for him because you abhor her.

I don't understand those beliefs, but I can try.

But I cannot be understanding of your point of view if you refuse to admit that he ran on a platform of hate.  If you refuse to admit that he is a misogynist.  If you refuse to acknowledge the racist things he has said, over and over again.

I cannot and will not debate you on those things, because they are the truth. If you can honestly go back and research his campaign from the beginning and deny that those things happened, then you are denying the truth, and that I will never understand or be in agreement with.

If we are "online friends", then fine, no problem we can coexist without those topics because I will unfollow or refuse to debate if they come up.

It's my actual friends and family who support Trump that I am concerned about.  First of all, don't bring it up to me.  Ever.  Don't expect me to discuss your views on why Donald Trump is not racist.  If it comes up, don't be surprised if I get up and walk away. It's more than a case of "agree to disagree".  Hopefully we can still talk, or get together without this topic coming up. Because that's the only way I'll be able to do that. I still love you because you're my friend, but don't expect me to understand your blatant disregard for the truth about his racist tendencies.


There countless articles on racist, misogynistic things Trump has said. Out loud.  In public.  If you believe the media is against him or "spinning things", then clearly nothing will sway you into believing the truth.  He has a history of racism, dating back to the 80's.

Here's a couple:
The 15 Most Offensive Things That Have Come Out of Trump's Mouth
A Final Response to the "Tell me why Trump is racist"
Is Donald Trump a Racist? Here's What His Record Shows
13 Examples of Donald Trump Being Racist
Is Donald Trump a Racist?



Your argument is invalid.

But hey, let's make America great again.




I'm prepared to receive some backlash on this.  That's fine, but anything hateful will be deleted.  I am entitled to my opinion. It's my blog.  You're entitled to your opinion, as long as it is respectful of mine. Otherwise take it elsewhere.

3 comments:

Always wear your tiara said...

I do not care for this man at all. I found it rather telling reading the headlines from around the world on Wednesday to see how shocked the rest of the world was as well.

mam said...

I'm sorry you're not surrounded by support from those you love and interact with the most. I can't imagine how hard that must be. You know you're speaking my own feelings as well.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.