Monday, May 08, 2023

Disney Cruise Day Three

 Day Three. 

This was Cabo San Lucas, Mexico day and we were excited. They don't have a large enough port in Cabo San Lucas to dock the ship, so you have to take little boats called "tenders" and they take you to the pier.  I booked an excursion for today, so we had to meet up with the rest of our party in the theater to be taken to the boats. Our excursion didn't start until 10:15, so we didn't have to get up super early. I booked a sightseeing tour to go on a boat to see the famous rock arch, and then a bus to see the coastline. What I didn't realize is that it was going to take all day and we weren't going to have time to go exploring on our own, which Joe really wanted to do.  In fact we had only 25 minutes to shop, so we didn't get anything we had wanted. (T-shirts, magnets and such). It was still a great day of sightseeing.

View of our ship from the pier in Cabo.

The famous arch. Lover's beach is to the right. It's great for swimming and snorkeling.  On the other side they call it divorce beach (it's a joke but they do call it that).  That side the water is very choppy and dangerous so nobody goes there.



Joe in vacation mode.



After the boat ride to see the arch, we took a bus to visit a glass factory. We watched the glassblowers make some items before we took a look around the shop of items for sale.

He's making a turtle wearing a sombrero with a bottle of tequila in his hand.  No joke. I should have taken photos of the end product.




I love the colorful glassware

We bought margarita glasses just like these but in a different shape. They were so pretty. I say HAD, because I dropped them and they broke on debarkation day.  I cried.  I found them on Etsy for three times the price. I'll probably get them there.

They had a large selection of glasses and vases, as well as little animals you could purchase.  We only got the margarita glasses and a shot glass for Joe's co-worker.


After that we took bus to see the coastline. That's our boat way out there.



Dinner that night was at Animator's Palette.  I took only one photo in there. I swear this is so unlike me.  I was seriously just having so much fun I either didn't remember to take photos, or left my phone in the room. There was no cell service anyway.  I'm kind of disappointed in myself because I forgot a lot of things due to not taking any photos.  

These walls start out black and white and then turn beautiful colors as the nights go on, and the screens on the walls  have animation on them. Very nice visual effects. This restaurant was directly below our room, so again with the vibrations. 

Saw Chip and Dale on the way back from dinner. They had their tuxedos on because it was semi formal night. You'll see us in the same clothes two nights in a row because we had the nice dinner at Palo last night and semi formal night tonight.  We chose to dress up. Not everyone did.
We got pictures with Minnie Mouse in her ball gown, but of course the professionals photographers have them and are holding them hostage. I'll post them later for sure. She looked so pretty!

That was it for Day Three.  Tomorrow is our last night! (sob)







No comments: