Monday, June 14, 2010

Therapy

I have been doing a lot of crafting lately.  It is therapy for me.  This is significant because for a good 5 months or so I wasn't able to do anything creative. I had some kind of block or something.  I think it was stress, coupled with the fact that we didn't have any extra money in our budget  to buy any supplies.  We still don't, but  a couple of weeks ago I had the urge to create something so I cleaned out my scrapbook area and found a treasure trove of supplies that were either unused or unfinished.  I started making some things and couldn't stop!  It feels good to be putting my hands to creative use again.  

I started with this mini album. This was in an unopened package that I bought off the clearance rack for five bucks literally years ago.  I love the colors in it.  I added nothing to this but some paper flowers and buttons.  Everything else came in the kit.  Pretty good for five dollars.  Since almost everything I make ends up as a gift, this one went to someone very special to me who has been a lifesaver for us during a difficult time.




My second cousin is getting married this month(I'm not sure how this is possible, because I swear she was a baby only a few years ago :).  I made this card for her and her husband to be.  The leaves in the top right corner were cut from her invitation. I love the colors in this card, and the buttons.  I heart buttons.  Sorry the pic is so blurry.  I am still using a loner camera and can't for the life of me figure out the settings on it.
  
I found this sticker sheet and a couple of pieces of coordinating paper amongst my supplies and immediately knew I wanted to make some cards from it.  The pattern is  so bright and cheery.  I actually made 2 cards using these supplies but the other picture came out too blurry to post.

These three cards were made using the same piece of patterned paper, a green piece of card stock, some ribbon scraps,  and one sheet of embellishments.

I had enough scrap paper left over from the mini scrapbook kit in the above pictures
 to make this card as well.


These message boards are my new obsession.  I love them.  The flowers and letters are magnets. I made one for  Grace's upcoming birthday and it turned out sooooo cute.  I used the Chinese kids rubber stamps that I bought a few months ago. I have gotten so much use out of them.
I have a bunch more things in the works and will most likely post them here since it's the easiest place for me to find them when I want to see past designs.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Awesome! Your creativity is amazing. I love them!

Retro Girl said...

You're so talented and creative! Have you ever sold stuff on etsy?
Man this makes me wanna scrap again...but I have no time with working now!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Love it... it is so pretty...

Susan Payton said...

Good luck on your adaption and I am so sorry to hear about your kidney disease. But just keep living your life every day to the fullest. I have emphysema, my prize for smoking for 41 years. It has taught me to live life differently. Actually it is what got me blogging for the first time. Good news is the 24th I will be smoke free for 2 years. Yes, it can be done.
Thank you for letting me visit.

Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://susan-livinghealthywithchallenges.blogspot.com