Sunday, November 04, 2012

October

And just like that, October is over.  Poof.

Now we settle in for Christmas.  Thanksgiving is skipped right over.  I hate that.  I want to savor Fall a little.  I like turkeys and harvest and cornucopias.  I wish we could just celebrate one holiday at a time.

The last two weeks have kind of been a blur. I have spent most of my time aside from work, in bed. I was forced to go off of my thyroid meds due to a miscommunication between my pharmacy and my doctor's office.  I was off for almost two weeks.  Don't even get me started on how ridiculous it was and the number of phone calls I had to make to finally get my prescription filled and to the right pharmacy. No one should have to go without medication that their body needs to function because their dr's. office/pharmacy can't get their shit together.  Ridiculous.

My body crashed without them.  HARD.

My hair started falling out.  I couldn't stay awake. seriously. I was going to bed a nine, sleeping on my lunch break just to (barely) get through the day.  I was spending all weekend in bed.  Blah.

My brain has been foggy and muddled and I can't remember anything for more than two seconds.  That was superfun at work when you are trying to manage four doctor's schedules.  I think I went through a whole pack of post-it notes, which is not good because we are a paperless office.

I have been back on my meds for a little over a week now and am slowly, slowly starting to feel better.

I will never let that happen again.  I don't care if I have to go over to my dr.'s office and camp out until they give them to me.  Not fun.

October was busy.  The fifteenth was the anniversary of my Mom's death.  It's been 16 years and like every year I can't believe she has been gone so long.

Joe's birthday was two days later.  We didn't do much but my roommate was gracious enough to let me make him dinner and a cake at her house.  Aside from that his birthday pretty much sucked.  Then again, most things in his life suck right now.  If you could spare some extra prayers for him he could really use them.  He's kind of lost right now.  :(

I have been trying to take more pictures.  I am hooked on Instagram.  Most of the pictures are with my phone and they aren't good quality but I am more concerned with just the documentation than the quality.

Here are some pictures from October

Joe's birthday cake.  Double chocolate, as usual



Totally humoring me here

We went to the beach a couple of weekends ago. It had been raining and the weather was cool and fall-like.  I loved it.  Now it's back to 85 degrees.  Blech.  



It was simply gorgeous



We walked to the end of the pier and used a gift card to eat at Ruby's


This handsome guy flew in and sat there and let us take pictures of him







You can only see one of them here, and he(she) is pretty small, but we saw a pod of dolphins go by while we were there and it was very cool.

My pumpkin this year


My office manager bought these for me to wear on Halloween. I had a lot of fun with them.  The were quite "boingy".  That probably isn't a word but it describes them perfectly.




Beautiful sunset at my house one night.  I live so close to the beach we can smell the beach fires every night.  There is no better smell.


I did some fall baking.  I made Pumpkin-oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies(from Pinterest, of course) and they were dee-lic-ous.  I made enough dough to freeze so I could make more later. Yum.
They aren't burnt. I put some filter on it in Instagram that makes them look burnt but they aren't.



It was quite foggy a couple of days on my way to work in the morning.  Spooky.





Joe took this picture of me while on a bike ride at the beach. It's not the best picture but I like the sun flare.  That and I actually look happy.  I don't have many pictures of me like that from the last three months.





That pretty much wraps up October.

I am determined to be more organized about Christmas this year, and also to simplify.  I probably won't be sending out cards, or getting a tree and will be making only a few handmade gifts.  I will not stress about the holidays this year(I won't!).  Someone remind me of that in about three weeks, o.k.?

No comments: