Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy fourth

I know I'm a bit early on this one but I took next week off and I might unplug for a bit.  







I'm kind of addicted to Instagram.  I don't have a lot of followers(nor do I care to). I follow mostly people I know, and who are my friends on Facebook. I love to see the world through other people's eyes. A picture conveys so much more to me than one sentence on Facebook.  I wish more of my friends would join.  I haven't been very good at documenting my life with my "real" camera(even though my sees-ter gave me a very nice dslr for my birthday).  With Instagram I find myself taking more pictures, even if they are just with my phone. I can print the pictures in cute 4x4 squares right from my ipad  to use in my smash books too.  Loving it. 

Here are a few pictures I have taken lately 

I asked joe to bring me Popsicles for my sore throat and he brought me this:  best husband ever.....lol.
It did the trick nicely.    ;)

This has been my best friend.  It tastes horrible but it's the only way I can sleep.  So over the coughing. 


I live four minutes from a Little Ceasers.  Their pizzas are five bucks.  We eat far too many of them, especially when I am not feeling well and don't want to cook.  Pizza pizza. 


It's been awhile since I bought an actual book.  I do a lot of reading on my kindle or ipad.  I started collecting a few to take with me on my trip, as neither the kindle fire or the ipad are conducive to reading outside.  I forgot how good it feels to have a stack of books on my nightstand!


My new cell phone case.  Whooooooo.   Love it. 


My new favorite summer side dish.  Roasted zucchini with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.  Yum. 


Joe bought this at Walmart because "he wanted to smell like a werewolf".  Okey dokey then.  It actually smells kind of good!



I am officially on vacation. Unfortunately I have also come down with a nasty chest cold and have been laid up in bed for the last few days(when I wasn't at work).  Well, I did  actually miss yesterday because I simply couldn't get out of bed.   I can't remember the last time I was this sick. Blah.  I'm on day two of a Z pack though and I hope to be almost well by the time I leave on Monday.  


I'm headed up north to spend the week with my sees-ter. We'll hang around close to home for a couple of days, including playing tourist one day and taking BART into the city. Then we'll head even further north, near Sonoma to the Russian River where I plan to park my butt in a beach chair with my feet in the river and a drink(and a book) in my hand relaxing.  Ahhhhhh......I can hardly wait!


I hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth of July!


1 comment:

Katrina said...

Love the cell phone cover!! So cute. Hope you feel better so you can really enjoy your vacation. :) <3

-Katrina