Saturday, October 05, 2013

October

I think about going private on this blog. I've been getting a lot of hits lately( I have no idea why), and there are some people who read that I wish didn't.  But then I realize it doesn't matter. There will always be people who won't agree with you. People who will judge you.  People who want nothing more than to see you fail.  Who cares about those people?  I write this blog for me, and nobody else.  Those people can take a flying leap off a tall building.  I'm not letting other people's views stop me from writing what I want, being who I am, overthinking about what I share here.  I'm pretty much an open book. What you see is what you get.

Don't like it?

There is an X in the upper right hand corner of your browser.  Click on it.  Good riddance.

I'm too old to still be worrying about what other people think of me.


Now that I got that off my chest, back to our regularly scheduled programming.


In two weeks we have another dragon boat race.  I'm excited and nervous.  It's a race I've never been to before and I'm not sure what to expect.

I decided to get a hotel room so we don't have to get up at five a.m. on race day.  It's Joe's birthday a couple of days before so on Sunday we are planning on going to the Los Angeles Arboretum and also the Huntington Library.  I wish I could figure out how to put links into this blogging app.  You'll just have to google. They are both beautiful places and I've never been to either.

Arboretum
Gardens at the Huntington


We have been trying to go apple picking for three weeks now but every weekend it's so darn hot that I change my mind and we don't end up going. I'm ready for some cooler fall days.  We're supposed to get some later this week but with my luck it will be hot again by the weekend. The season for apples is almost over and I'm sure the apple trees are pretty much picked over by now.   If we don't make it this year it's not the end of the world I suppose.  There's always next year.

I wish we had more fall colors.  It's one of the reasons I wanted to go apple picking. The trees have color on them where we usually go.  Maybe we'll go just to see that. 

 


I'm going to visit my sees-ter in a few weeks and I'm beyond excited about it.  I'm looking forward to some crisp fall days, which I know may not happen because September and October are like the summer months for San Fransisco.  I'm still bringing some sweaters and my boots.  A girl can hope, right?

The holidays are upon us.  Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas.  I love them all.  


I've made a sizable dent in my Christmas shopping. Only a few more Items to purchase.   I still need to get started on my handmade gifts though.  I should start on those soon. 

Hard to believe the summer is over and Fall is in full swing.  


It went by so fast!


3 comments:

Brandi said...

You are absolutely right! There will always be haters, but don't let them get you down. I read all your posts (rarely comment), and if you decide to go private, don't forget to invite me along :)

Laura said...

Same for me! I love keeping up with you!
Laura

cheryl said...

I love reading your blog. I stumbled on this from salsa via a friend who adopted a chinese baby girl who's now 9.

Cheryl