Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year


Christmas is over.  I have to say that this year I am sad it's over.  It really does go by so quickly doesn't it?

We had a wonderful Christmas.  Truly wonderful.  We got to spend a lovely six days up north with my sees-ter and the kids and my dad and we crammed as much fun as we possibly could into that time.  

I have mostly just photos to share right now.  Words will come later. I've not been feeling that well and I'm trying to stay up until midnight.  That makes me feel old, that I can hardly stay up until midnight to celebrate the new year anymore! 

As usual my sister went overboard and we all received some fabulous gifts.  





Two of my favorite gifts:  a printer that prints photos directly from. My iPhone, and a fun retro mini Polaroid camera.  So fun!  My goal this year is to journal more and be better about keeping a scrapbook.  Facebook makes it too easy not to do that and I haven't in several years. 


Another of my favorite gifts.  What an amazing book this is. If you are on instagram you must follow them. So interesting! I also received some much needed towels and a case for my ipad.  It's funny how as you get older your wish list leans toward the practical.  

The day after Christmas Stacey and family invited us to spend the evening in Half Moon Bay where they were camping.  It was an unheard of 72 degree day and we sat on the beach and watched the sunset.  It was such a beautiful day.  



On Saturday Lisa was nice enough to be our chauffeur to Big Sur.  It's been  a year and a half since I was last there and several years for joe.  I love it there.  It's my happy place.  

It was breathtaking, as usual.  Again we were blessed with beautiful weather.  






This trip was full of many beautiful sunsets. 



2013 started out a little rough but ended on a high note.  I'm not one to make resolutions but I vow to be more active, journal more and move to my own place .  I'm going to do that  very soon.  I'm not sure how yet but I'm going to make it happen.  

Sunday is my birthday and I feel kind of apathetic about it. I find as I get older the number doesn't really phase me much.  I'm lucky to be having birthdays at all! 

2014 and 43 are going to be filled with good things.  I can feel it. 

Happy new year everyone!







No comments: