Friday, December 20, 2013

Merry Christmas.


It's almost here. 

Four more days until Christmas.  

That went by so quickly!  

I have to work one more day.  After work on Monday we will wait for some of the traffic to dissipate before we get on the road to my sister's.  I'm so excited.   

I have six days off and I'm so looking forward to it.  At some point joe and I are going to drive up to Big Sur.  I can't wait.  I love it there so much!  I missed our yearly trip there this summer.  

Last weekend we went in search of more Christmas cheer with our annual trip to Roger's Gardens.  Love it there. Always so festive.  

Afterwards we drove around looking at Christmas lights.  We have some great houses close to us.  People go all out!  One of the houses not far from us was even on that reality show "The Great Light Fight"(of course I love that show...lol). They didn't win but their house is pretty amazing, with a light show that is choreographed to music.  Very cool.  


This house was my favorite.  So pretty!



The trees at roger's are always my favorite.  





I couldn't quite figure out the theme of this tree.   A tree for a botanist or biologist perhaps?




Out of all the lights we saw though, there is one house that beats them all.  That is the house that I am currently renting from.  Yes, my landlord has a bit of an obsession with Christmas decorations/lights.  I give you:

(Drumroll)

The house that I'm living in. 

Front walkway


I wish I had better pictures.  I was trying to be stealth about taking them.  Everyday day when I came home from work he was adding something to it.  On the far left that's a Ferris wheel that lights up and spins. Crazy!

Can't say he's lacking in Christmas spirit!

I don't know how much I will post on vacation so I want to wish everyone(anyone?) reading a very merry Christmas. I hope yours are as wonderful as mine is going to be.  

This really has been the best Christmas season I've had in a very long time. I'm so grateful for everything in my life.  









  

No comments: