Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Bullets

--I have been home sick for the last 2 days. Yesterday I literally woke up with a raging head cold. I was feeling okay on Monday, aside from my sinuses feeling a bit plugged up(which I thought was allergies from the wind) and then BAM, I woke up yesterday with my throat practically closed up and my head so full that when I stand up I get dizzy. Blech. I hate head colds. They're the worst. Joe went to the drug store and got me some tissues with lotion, and some Vick's and cough drops and Suda.fed. (Did you know you have to get that from behind the pharmacy counter now? What is the world coming to when they have to lock up the cold meds?). He also got me some of those Sho.wer Sooth.ers that you put at the bottom of your shower and it creates a menthol steam while you are showering. I love them. Right now that's the only way I can get my sinuses to open up enough so that I can breathe.

--He said while he was at the store looking for the cold meds there were two employees stocking the shelves and they were having a conversation about all of the empty boxes that were on the shelf. They were empty because people had stolen the contents out of them. Toothpaste, and Tylenol and cough syrup and such. That makes me sad that someone would have to steal toothpaste. I guess now I know why the cold meds are locked up! (Well, that and the fact that you can make crystal me.th out of it)

--I haven't figured out how the Co.bra works at my job and it's stressing me out because that means technically I don't have any health insurance right now. It will be retro-active to the first of the month once I get it set up, but for now it's kind of up in the air. I thought my employer would give me the info but he says that Bl.ue Cro.ss is supposed to be handling it but they don't know anything about it and it is stressing me out. I need to call them again and see if I can talk to someone who knows what they are talking about. Which I doubt will happen. I have called three times and been told a different thing each time. Frustrating.

--Joe still has not found a job. I am freaking out. We may have to end up moving after all, regardless of the cost to get out of our lease. We simply can't afford to live here if he isn't working. To make things even worse they cut his hours at his part time job down to 2 days a week. I don't see how things could get much worse. We have been tossing around the idea of making some major life changes around here but I can't talk about them yet because there is nothing concrete to talk about. It's scary. I hate change. Especially the big, life changing kind.

--We did finally get him squared away with unemployment. He does qualify, which is good news. It won't be much but at least it's something. Every little bit will help right now. Of course we're looking at a couple more weeks before we see a check. The unemployment office? Apparently they are a little busy right now. Also very scary. And sad. Joe is a little freaked out about the whole unemployment thing because this is the first time in his life that he will have ever collected unemployment. At forty years old I think that's pretty good.

--I guess the whole gist of this post is that I am feeling crummy and I am extremely worried about our future. Neither of those things are helping me to get any sleep at night.

That wasn't a very upbeat, happy post. Sorry about that. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow and my sunny disposition will return.

Ha! I crack myself up!

13 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

so sorry to hear that you are not well. I am hoping that things take a turn around for you. Uncertainty is not fun.

Lea
xo

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.....hopefully all your over the counter stuff will kick in and you will be feeling better in no time. I love those soothers for the shower....they are awesome!!

I know this is a really rough time for you, but things have to get better.....try to keep the faith.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I know this would mean big change, but have you considered moving out-of-state where Joe would probably be snatched up by a college?

Kayce said...

Yuck! I'm sorry your sick!

I can't believe that people are taking stuff out of boxes, wait, yes I can! Times are crazy right now. Get better soon!!

M3 said...

Feel better soon, sweetheart!!! The Kleenex with lotion just rocks, by the way. It's the only stuff we use in this house (and we use a LOT of it).

Kylie's momma said...

Oh Michelle, I heard this song on a firedns blog and thought of you....have you ever heard it. Makes my heart leap. Not sure if the link will work. let me know if you need her blog address to listen to it. Love love it! Hang on sweetie! Hugs!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06AgY5Xoavw&eurl=http://coffeechocolateandachat.blogspot.com/&feature=player_embedded

Sanctus Real - Whatever You're Doing Music Video on You Tube

4D said...

I am sorry to hear that and I hope you feel better soon.

Keep smilin!

Polar Bear said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I was just wondering how you were doing yesterday. I'm sorry to read that you're sick. I hope you're better today!

Thinking of you!

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

I have been dealing with insurance issues as well and they are on my last nerve! I hope you have better luck than I have been having.

Sounds like Joe is taking good care of you. I will be thinking of you & I hope you are feeling better soon!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Feel better.

Ashley said...

sorry you are not feeling well....When you feel crummy, everything is crummy! Have you tried drinking peppermint tea? Sometimes that helps my stuffy nose. Hope you are on the mend soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

Do you mind sending me your email address?

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Shelli

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hope you find some health insurance and soon... I have Blue Cross... crappy... that is all I can say... Cobra... from what I know still costs alot... good luck with it all... and hope you feel better...