Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Dragon Boat Races, Day Two

I don’t actually have anything to post for day two, as I left my camera at home. I just didn’t want to leave you hanging. Day Two was actually really awesome. We placed second in one of our races, which is the best place we have placed, well, ever. I did mention we are a non-competitive team, right? We are the only team that has kids and adults in our boat. The other teams have either all kids or all adults and they practice for a much longer time period than we do (we only practice 3 months out of the year). What does this mean? It means we usually place last or second to last and we are happy with that. We aren’t “in it to win it”. We are in it for the exercise, and the teamwork and the fun (and also to share in our common bond of children adopted from China). So second place? It pretty much rocks. We were all so thrilled.




I’m not going to beat around the bush this time, I’m just going to come out and ask (beg) you all for (another) favor. Joe has a job interview on Thursday and we need to him to get the job. Badly. I’m at the end of my rope here. Emotionally and financially. All prayers and good thoughts would be so appreciated. Thank you so much.

6 comments:

Kylie's momma said...

Good thots, good mojo, fingers crossed, prayers, hugs and and and for success this week! :-)

Briana's Mom said...

Will say a prayer for the both of you!

KHM said...

You got the prayers from here too

dawn said...

Crossing it, sending, thinking it, for Thursday.

Jenna said...

I will be praying, can you send me time time on facebook so I can make sure to be praying at the time for him?

Michele said...

all little late here, but pray that all went well and that Joe hears something soon!!!!