Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Pinterest Addiction

Hi, my name is Michelle and I am addicted to Pinterest.


The first step in getting help is admitting you have a problem, right?


If you are my FB friend then you already know about my Pinterest addiction.  Sometimes I get carried away and post too many pins to my wall.  


If you don't know what Pinterest is, here is an explanation from their website:





Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. 




I use Pinterest to organize all of the cool things I want to save for future use.  Gift ideas, cool do-it-yourself projects, favorite recipes, and even products I long for, so I can give Joe a list of possible Christmas gift ideas (Hey-it's only 6 months away!  Gotta plan ahead!).  




One of my boards is named "Hotness" and has nothing but photos of good looking celebrities that I find attractive.  Last night Joe was looking at my boards (because I have a whole board dedicated to just things I think he would like).


He saw my "Hotness" board and he was like:
"You have a board just for hot men?  What are you, thirteen?"


I said "Yes.  Inside I am a thirteen year old girl.  Deal with it."  Hee!

Here a a couple of the pins on my "Hotness" board:

John Hamm

David Duchovny

Jake Gyllenhaal


Hubba Hubba.  Is it hot in here, or is it me?    :)


Ahem. 

 I also find it quite handy to put recipes that I would like to make.  I just got a crock pot, so I have one board specifically for crock pot meals.  Any time I want to try one of those recipes, I simply go to that board and click on the recipe I want. So convenient!

I am GOING to make this:





And also this:

Taco Soup


And this too
Lasagna(with ground turkey)


My second most favorite thing is the funny quotes and sayings I find there. Some of them have me laughing out loud at the computer while Joe gives me strange looks because I am laughing and talking to myself.

Here's a couple I found funny:

Ha!



Here's one I know a couple of people this would apply to:




Joe would love this.  Being the English teacher that he is, it bugs the heck out of him when people don't use proper grammar.
Miley Cyrus is My Religion
This is funny.  I want to put it up in our office.




Lastly, I love, love, love some of the inspirational quotes that I have found there.  
Here's a few:
 So true!



Sometimes I forget to turn on the light.



I must, MUST remember this!



If you want to follow my boards, drop me an e-mail and I'll send you a link.  I would rather not put my last name on the blog.  I believe you have to have a FB account to have a Pinterest account, but I'm not sure on that.

You do have to have an invitation to join, so if you need one of those, shoot me you e-mail and I'll send you an invite.        chinaadopter(at)gmail(.com)

 It's so fun!  And a bit addictive.  

You have been warned.  :)



1 comment:

Stacey T. said...

Oh, and I'm going to make that crock pot chicken with the cream cheese, rotel and black beans on Saturday! haha