Sunday, August 21, 2011

Busy

This summer has really been flying by.  I can't believe it is almost September and the kids will be going back to school.

We have had a really fabulous summer.

As I look back on the blog over the last 8 or 9 weeks, we have gotten to do some really fun things this summer.  I'm so grateful for it, as last summer was dismal and I have nothing but bad memories of it.

But that is not the case for this summer.

Yesterday I got to go and hang with my friend Joannah and finally meet the most beautiful baby in the whole world.  I might be a tad  biased.  But seriously, she is precious.  And how fun is Gymboree for little ones? Do those of you with kids have experience with this?  I have vague memories of attending a class or two when Cameron was a little guy, and yesterday had the opportunity to attend a class with Joannah and Michaela too.   So fun!  It actually made me a little wistful for my preschool teacher days.  Singing songs at circle time was one of my favorite parts of that job.  It has been a long while since I sat in a circle with a group of children singing songs and it brought back some good memories.  Even if the children were babies of only a few months old and had no recollection of what just occurred.  :)  It was fun. And very peaceful.

Afterwards I went for a walk with a friend down at the beach (thanks Carla!) and had a fabulous chat with her as well.  You are a good friend to me Carla!

Also very peaceful.  I could use some peace in my life right now.

What have you all been doing this summer?  Anything fun?

Not much on the agenda for today, except to plan out our meals for the week, and go for a bike ride.

Also, do some laundry and basically prepare myself for my first full week at my new job.

Oh yeah. Did I forgot to mention I got a new job?    :0

I have a whole post on that coming tomorrow.

Enjoy your Sunday!


P.S.  Can anyone tell me why all of my pictures from previous posts (like 8 or 9 posts ago) have disappeared and been replaced by a black box with an exclamation point?  This has me very upset!  I will take me days to re-upload those pictures into those posts!  Google has been no help at at all.  

2 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I love hear you sound so great. I think the world of you and so glad some good things are coming your way.

lea
xo

PS. have you left your old job already?

D & S said...

I'm glad you're having a good summer. I live for summer.

I have heard others say they've had issues with blogger. Give it a couple of days, it may be back to normal then.