Friday, September 09, 2011

Update on the new job


I have been meaning to do an update on my new job but when I get home from work I am too tired to do much on the computer and then time kind of slips away from me and I totally forget about it.




My new job sucks and I hate it and I wish I never left my old job.


I'M JUST KIDDING!!!  I know some people who probably hope the above sentence  is true.

But too bad. Because  my new job is going well.

Very well actually.

The first week was stressful and I had a hard time adjusting to all the changes.  Week number two was easier.

And as I finish up week three (can you believe it?)  things are pretty much awesome.  I caught on quickly to how their computer software works and know my way around pretty well already.  Of course there is a learning curve and I still have so much to learn but so far so good.  Very good.

Plus it has some really great perks (aside from the better pay and excellent benefits).

I get a deep discount on some excellent products. If you need something and we carry it, drop me a line.  I will hook you up.

Pharmaceutical drug reps come by quite often.  Not only are they easy on the eyes, but they bring us treats quite often.  They actually have us fax them a request sheet for everyone in the office so we all get exactly what we want.  Starbucks.  Juice it Up.  Gourmet cupcakes.  It's pretty sweet(literally).

Then two days a week we have catered lunches as well.  This totally rocks because I have been packing my lunch every day and I already have the lunchbox blahs when it comes to deciding what to pack each day.  And the food they bring in is not only delicious, but healthy.

I have actually lost 6 pounds in the last three weeks.  I think part of it is stress but the fact that I'm not eating crap every day is definitely part of it.

It's only going to get better from here and I wake up every day grateful to have this job.



Although things overall have been very good, yesterday was a nightmare because we had a power outage around quarter to four.  All of the rooms but one in our office don't have windows, so people were lying on tables half clothed in the pitch dark.  And not one flashlight was to be found(nice emergency plan there).  The doctors were having to use their cell phones as flashlights so the patients could get dressed.  What a nightmare!  Then people were still showing up for their appointments and they were pissed that we couldn't see them. People are crazy.  We had no lights, no phones, no air conditioner.........you know..........NO POWER.  What part of that is hard for people to grasp?  All of our charts are electronic too, so no access to those either.  One woman actually asked if the dr. could just freeze off her child's warts, since they drove all the way down there and all.  She wanted her daughter's warts frozen off....IN THE DARK.

Crazy, I tell you.

Then the nightmare continued for me as I tried to drive home only to discover that none of the traffic signals were working and the streets were completely gridlocked.  I tried driving the opposite direction of my house hoping the signals would be working elsewhere an d I could work my way back, but the power was out in all of the surrounding cities too and there was nothing but rows and rows of cars just parked.  Plus I have no air in my car and it was at least 90 degrees out.  I was soaked in sweat.  It took me almost exactly two hours to get home and I live only 25 minutes away.

Like I said, nightmare!

We have power at home now but I hear the power is still out over there and all of San Diego County as well.  I hope they sort it out soon.  What a pain for all those poor people.  My little inconvenience last night is nothing compared to that.

I was very happy to see Friday roll around this week, even though it was a short one.

TGIF!

3 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

fabulous! So glad you are loving it.

lea
xo

dawn said...

Michelle, how could you! LOL
My heart almost stopped when I read that your new job sucked. I felt so badly for you.
I am thrilled for you that things are working out this well.
Glad you have your power back. No power and big cities is always a disaster.

Kayce said...

I am SO, SOOO happy for you!! I can't wait to hear more when I'm down next month! :)