Thursday, May 22, 2014

Life is Good



My blog posts are becoming fewer and farther between.  I keep asking myself when I will be ready to give it up. 

The answer is always "not yet".  And so here I am. 

Life has been pretty great lately. 

The new place is amazing. I love it. Sometimes I pull up in front of my house and I can't believe how lucky I am to live here. Other times, on the weekends, when I'm sitting out on my deck looking up at the oak trees I feel like I'm on vacation and that in a few days I'll have to go back to reality. 

It's awesome.  I was able to decorate the deck very inexpensively and it came out great. I love sitting out there in the evenings. 



I picked up some cheap globe lights at Big Lots, and these paper lanterns are from Sophie's room. One of the only things we kept.  It's quite magical at night!

I bought myself a flower box for Mother's Day.  We paddled on that day and it wasn't so bad. Maybe I'm to the point where I am accepting of it. I did feel a little sad, but nothing compared to year's past. 

The humming birds LOVE the bleeding heart plant.  I should get a humming bird feeder. They aren't shy at all!  They'll come right up to you and buzz around your head.  So cool.  


Went to happy hour with my work family(they really are like family to me). We always have the best time. 

Almost every Tuesday the drug reps bring us free coffee and that doesn't suck.  :) We also get catered lunch 2-3 times a week which is pretty awesome too.  




Dragon boat practice is in full swing. 

It's lovely how quickly we get back into the routine of paddling.  It's weird to think it's been seven months since we last paddled. 

I love my dragonboat team. Such good people. This is my seventh year with this team, and Joe's fifth. 

We have a bunch of new team members. A bunch!  This is good for the longevity of the team, as the older girls start to go off to college(when did THAT happen?!).  

It's good, and I'm happy that so many people are interested in the sport, but selfishly I wish we could practice with just our main team. The ones who won a medal at last year's races, and placed first at the races in Los Angeles.  I love that close knit group we had at the races in L.A.  

It's hard when you have people in the boat who have never paddled before. 

But it isn't about the competiton, or winning.  It's about camaraderie, and team work and the culture of the sport. This year we are even going to have a kid's team which is beyond cool.  

I've been trying to be more active.  Sitting at a desk all day is so bad for you.  We have started doing laps every hour to get us up out of our chairs.  I've been walking before and after work too.  I use a pedometer and I average about four miles a day. Not bad!  My goal is five miles but it's really hard when I sit all day and I'm so tired when I get it's hard to find the motivation.  

I've been visiting the horses on Saturdays but not riding as much as I would like. It was way too not for a couple of weekends but it's cooled down a lot now.  I'm planning on riding on Saturday.  It's good for my soul.  




We have a trip planned for the Fourth of July and I'm so excited for it. We're going to vist my Sees-ter(of course..lol).  She will be going to the Russian River with some friends and we are going to house/pet sit for her.  She's renting a car for us and because we're staying at her house it's going to cost us nothing but gas money to go(I'm renting an energy efficient car, so hopefully the gas costs won't be too much)

We will drive up to the river for the day to hang out  and watch fireworks.  I love the Russian River and surrounding areas. We may go wine tasting one day. Or, we may just hang around the house and relax. We'll see.  

I'm really looking forward to it.  

Anyone have any fun summer plans?

No comments: