Thursday, February 09, 2006

A horrible rotten day

Not the best day ever that I just had. I am still fighting this cold. I'm on day eight and NOW it has decided to go to my head, after spending the last seven days in my chest. I wish it would make up its mind. Actually, I wish it would simply go away. I am bloated and have cramps, anxiously awaiting the arrival of my period. I must have slept wrong last night, as there is a crick in my neck and I can't turn my head to the left at all. How is it that we can injure ourselves while sleeping?
Work was stressful. And exhausting. The kids are all wound up from the fires, and the winds, and probably Valentine's Day, and maybe it's a full moon too. There is always some excuse as to why they are all hyped up. I seem to have lost some of my authority too, which is not good. I usually have no problem getting the kids to listen to me. Most of the time I have their respect. For some reason, in the last week or two I noticed I have been getting a lot more back talk. I have to repeat something two or three times before I get a response. I have no idea why, but it is annoying. That means I have to do twice as much talking, explaining, and consequences to get them back to where they should be. It wears me out. Today I ended up staying late at work because Joe wanted me to meet him before his night class. I waited at work for an hour, then in the parking lot at the bookstore for a half hour. He got stuck in traffic and was able to meet me just in time to say hello and goodbye before he had to get to his class. Not exactly worth an hour and a half wait. Because I left for home so late, I got stuck in traffic too, and it took me almost an hour to get home. Yuck. I have a monster headache. I think I will feel much better after a hot shower and I am in my sweat pants. Tomorrow is another day. One that is sure to be better than this one!

1 comment:

Joannah said...

Wow, your day sounds worse than mine. Thanks for the supportive comments on my blog. Yeah, some nights the pinot gets me through. ;-) Come June, he's someone else's problem. Sigh...