Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve Day

We left the house at 5:00 a.m to beat the traffic up to my sister's house on Thursday.

We ended up with an extra guest in our car.  It's a long story.  But I've got time.  Any time we are going to be away for more than a few days Joe feeds his snake so he won't be hungry while we are gone.  Yes, we have a snake.  Yes, he eats baby rats.  I know it seems gross to most of you, but for me it's just a fact of life.  I got it over years ago. Anyway, sometimes the snake is picky.  He won't eat the rat that Joe chose.  We don't know why.  So of course he chooses *this* day not to eat his dinner.  It's too late at night to return him to the pet store so he had to come with us.  He is the sweetest little thing and he has been name "Remy" and I think we are going to be in trouble when it comes time to return him because we (read: I) am becoming very attached to him.



Driving.  And driving.  And driving.

Joe's favorite part of the drive.
Christmas Eve we drove into the city to take in the sights
Tree in Union Square
 We're just going to start taking pictures with Grace and pretend she is Sophie


Scott took us to this really cool Irish Pub for lunch.
Irish Bank.  I had Fish and Chips.  It was soooo good
     

It was down this alleyway

Joe had a Guinnness. Blech.  I had a Hefeweizen.  It was yummy.
I love this city
Love it.

                   I'm not sure why I still feel compelled to take a picture in front of China town
Of course Grace wanted in.  I assure you that we do love our nephew as much as we do our niece.  He is simply at the age where he wants nothing to do the camera.

They had these cool statues that reminded me of the ones in China on Shamain Island

Uncle Joe and Grace monkeying around

Next up, Christmas Eve(night)

Later.  Right now I am still in my pajamas and I'm playing with the Kindle that Santa brought  me (Actually he brought Lisa a new one and I was gifted her old one.  I love it!) as it rains outside.  So far it's a been a perfect Christmas day!


3 comments:

Kim said...

Merry Christmas Girly..
Love this post..
Looks like you had a great day..
Hugz..

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Merry Christmas dear friend.

You still feel drawn to China because something will happen and you won't pull out.

Lea
xo

DeAnn said...

Merry Christmas!! Miss you!