Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ho Hum

Do you ever feel like the days go by so quickly, and they kind of just blend together until another week has gone by and you wonder where it went?

That's how I have been feeling lately.  Same old routine every day.  Lately for me that has been go to work, come home and workout(4 days per week), watch some t.v. for a couple of hours and then hit the sack. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The weekends I'm so tired we usually just hang around the house, with a bike ride on Sunday after my weight watchers meeting and grocery shopping.

Speaking of WW meeting, people keep asking for an after picture of me.  There are a few pictures of me that I will be posting tomorrow of us at the flower fields but I'm covered up by a coat in most of them.  I'm just not ready for that yet.  Maybe after I lose ten more pounds or so.  I have so much more to lose that I am still very self conscious about how I look.  I am proud of the weight I have lost(24 pounds and counting) but I want to look even better before I show a head to toe picture here on the blog.  If we are friends on FB I have a couple there but even those are cropped so you can't see my whole body.  I need to work on being happy with how far  I have come and loving my body but it's a slow process for me.

Anyhoo.

Work has been  crazy busy.  I love my job.  It's stressful, but I love it.  It's probably one of the best jobs I have had, well, ever.  Don't get me wrong.  I loved the 17 years I spent as a preschool teacher/daycare director, but I got burnt out and the transition to the medical field was a good one for me.

All the girls from work went out for happy hour on Friday night, to say goodbye to my co-worker, who is starting nursing school next week.  I will miss her dearly!  We had a blast.  I work with a really great group of women.

We have had a high turnover rate in the last six months.  Partly because it is pretty stressful, and partly because they expect a lot from their employees and they don't keep people past their probationary periods if they aren't a good fit.  I like that about them.  They don't put up with crap and they don't allow people's drama to interfere with their job duties.

I can see myself there for a long time.  The pay and benefits far outweigh the stressful times.

Last Sunday we went to see the Flower Fields in Carlsbad.  It has been awhile since we last were there.  It's so beautiful!  I will post pictures but I want to make some collages before I upload them.  I took about ten thousand pictures and they are all so beautiful I am having a hard time editing them down to a handful for the blog.  Ranunculus have always been one of my favorite flowers.





P.S. on Friday we were reminiscing about some of our old job experiences, specifically how we had been treated by former bosses.  After our discussion I came back to my desk to find that my co-worker had pulled up this picture on my computer:



It's an inside joke.  And it is freaking hilarious.

No comments: