Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Flower Fields

Last weekend Joe and I went for a drive down south of us to visit The Flower Fields in Carlsbad.

It has been a few years since we last went. They are a beautiful as ever.

If you've never heard of them, they are fields of ranunculus flowers in Carlsbad, CA

Every spring they produce thousands of beautiful flowers that bloom every spring.  The fields are so large they can be seen from the freeway driving by.

Ranunculus is one of my favorite flowers.  It is second only to Tulips.  Roses would be a close third.  I miss growing some of the flowers we were able to grow when we lived in a downstairs apartment.


The flowers are grown in rows of color.  Joe's favorite is the multi colored row, which is is standing in front of.

I decided to forego the collages and just post all of them. You all don't mind scrolling down a bit, do you?  :)



Every single row we walked by I would say "Oh, orange is my favorite", only to walk by the red ones and say "Actually the red are my favorite", and so on until we had gone through all of the colors.  It was cracking Joe up.  They are all just so beautiful!  So vibrant.



The fields are in such a beautiful area, with a view of the ocean atop the hill



Gorgeous.




Flowers are Love's truest language 
                                           ~unknown




Flowers match my shirt!

Be like the flower, turn your faces to the sun
                                                    ~Kahlil Gibran






They had a greenhouse with orchids too.  We killed the orchid my Dad got us. I don't know how.  Usually Joe is very good at keeping things alive.


The Earth laughs in flowers
                             ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


They had a maze made out of sweet peas.  Sweet peas have the most beautiful scent.  You might even say it is aMAZEing.  LOL.


After much deliberation it was decided that the coral colored were, in fact, my favorite.


Where flowers, bloom, so does hope 
                               ~Lady Bird Johnson





They had beautiful roses too.  Love the color and the fluted edges on this one

Beautiful!



I WILL be making on of these.  I just need to find an old chair.  It's so cute!


More stunning roses




Happiness is to hold flowers in both hands
                   ~Japanese Proverb

It was a fun day!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ranunculus are my second favorite flower too. Peonies are my very favorite. I agree with you about the coral being the prettiest. Beautiful pictures. Looked like a wonderful day.

2china4S said...

I am not a flower person, really a shame given that Mami and Abuela were. But those flowers are absolutely amazing. It would make such a great background for pictures.