Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Slacker

I'm a slacker. I still have not uploaded the pictures from day two of Photo Bloggy Days. I still have not answered Wendy's interview question.

I haven't even had time to read or comment on all your blogs. I am definitely a blog slacker lately, that's for sure.

I have just been so busy. I was not home even one day last weekend.

This week hasn't been any better.

Besides work I have been running around trying to get some things ready for a wedding we have on Friday. I am making the bride and groom a scrapbook for their present, and it still is not done. Hello, I have two days to finish it.

Well, seeing as though we're leaving for the wedding right when I get off of work(early) on Friday, I actually have one day left to finish it. The wedding is at 5 o'clock on Friday. Who gets married at this time? Seriously? I know the bride and groom were on a budget, so possibly it was much cheaper? I don't know, but I anticipate a lot of people who work not being able to go. The bride is a friend I have known since I was 13, so it was important for me to make sure Joe and I could attend.

Thankfully I overcame a headache last night and stayed up late working on the scrapbook so I only have a few pages left to finish. Pictures to come.

I think it turned out very nice, but as usual I was a perfectionist and spent too much time(and money) on each page. I could have gotten the couple a nice gift card with the amount of money I spent on it, but this is more special right? I hope so.

Sometimes I worry that people won't like or appreciate a scrapbook as a gift. Also, I know a couple of people who I made scrapbooks for and when I was at their house a year later I noticed neither of them had put pictures into them. Bummer! That's why I like to put the pictures in for them, as I am making it, if I am able. I obviously can't do that for this occasion though.

Anyway, here are a few pictures I took of my day on Saturday. There are only a few, because like I said before, I totally fizzled out at the end.

10:00 am. I had to check in for the CHOC walk on Saturday morning.

Leaving the Check in and on my way to my Dad's house. 10:30 am
11:15 a.m. My Dad's house.

My Dad's dog. He's barking because he is happy to see me.

1:30. We are in Loma Linda and we're going to Olive Garden for lunch.




My Aunt and my Dad at Olive Garden. 2:00

3:00 pm. Loma Linda Hospital. We're going to visit my Uncle.

Me with the giant Pumpkin somebody donated to the hospital. It's a "prayer pumpkin"(see next photo).




And that was all the pictures I took that day. See? Slacker. We spent about an hour at the hospital and then we went back to my Aunt's house and hung out with family the rest of the afternoon, before starting home at around 7:00 p.m. I didn't get home until almost 8:30 and Joe and I watched some t.v. before I went to bed early to get up for the walk in the morning.

Not too terribly exciting.

Here are some pictures of the first half of the wedding album I am making:

The colors for the wedding are Black, Cream, and Red. I had to add some white because it is hard to find cream and white wedding stuff for scrapbooking.

Cover:

First two pages: Wedding invitation and Title Page



Pages 3, 4. "Getting Ready" and "My Dress"

Pages 5, 6. "The Groom" and "Groomsmen"




Pages 7, 8. Left side "Bridesmaids"

Right side "Friends". The bride is having only her two best friends(sisters) as attendants.

Pages 9, 10. "The Wedding Party"

Pages 11, 12. "The Ceremony" and "The Kiss"


I have about 12 more pages(the cake, the bouquet, the reception, etc.) that I have yet to photograph. Who knows when I'll have time to do that :). I need to go wake up my husband for dinner now(he's working tonight).









5 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That scrapbook is BEAUTIFUL!!!

What a terrific gift....you can see all the detail and hard work that went into it....you are most definitely, NOT a slacker!!

Hope you are able to get a little R&R this weekend!

Lisa

OH MY #6 said...

It is awesome! U talented thing you!


Lea
xo

4D said...

The scrapbook is beautiful!! Great job!

Keep smilin!

Kayce said...

Michelle you are so talented! I love the scrapbook! Have fun at the wedding!!

Kristin said...

It's a very thoughtful gift and I'm sure your girlfriend will love it.