Friday, October 03, 2008

Walk for CHOC

I have decided to participate in Choc hospital's 5K walk at Disneyland on October 19th. I learned of it from Shelley last year and had every intention of joining her, but ended up falling down my sister's staircase and badly spraining my ankle. This year(barring any injuries between now and then :) I am very excited to participate!


The following is from the Choc website:

On October 19th, thousands of CHOC supporters will walk through the Disneyland Resort at the 18th Annual CHOC/Disneyland® Resort Walk in the Park. This event, which benefits Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) and CHOC at Mission, is sure to provide an unforgettable day of fun.

15,000 participants raised a record $1.6 million at last year’s Walk, which has helped to support the care, services, education and research that CHOC provides Orange County children. With your support, you help make sure that every child who is in need of care will be taken care of regardless of their family’s ability to pay.

Join us October 19th to support CHOC and CHOC at Mission and see first hand why there are “A Million Reasons to Walk!”



In order to participate in the walk I have to pledge to raise $50.00. Since we're a little low on funds right now, I was kind of hoping to get a little help from my friends(and family:). See that little button in my sidebar? To donate, all you have to do is click on it and it will walk you through the process of donating to my cause.

Even $5.00 would be greatly appreciated! I am only required to raise $50.00, but I have set my personal goal at $100. I would be thrilled with just $50.00 though. Heck, I'd be thrilled with ANY amount!

Thank you so much in advance!!!!!


You can read more about the walk and what a wonderful organization CHOC is here.








4 comments:

Stacey T. said...

Do you get to stop and go on your favorite rides??

Jenna said...

I will try to donate soon. I have to talk to Kevin because he is in charge of the money.. but I will try to help some!

OH MY #6 said...

good luck with this! Good for you!

lea
xo

Kayce said...

Good for you Michelle!

Be on the lookout for a "thank you" post from Jacob. ;)