Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today Started Out Pretty Good.........

And then things started going downhill fast.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning so I had to get up early.

I got up, showered, dressed and got ready to go. I came out of the bedroom and Joe said "Your doctor's office just called. Dr. so-and-so had to go deliver a baby so they need to reschedule your appointment".

Well darn. I already had to reschedule it twice because of my own issues so this is the third time it has been put off. I'll never get my annual exam done at this rate.

Since we were up early we decided to head on over to Disneyland to check out all of the Fall decorations. We haven't been since June and we love their Fall setup. Plus my annual pass is going to expire in a few weeks and it is unlikely that we will be able to renew it. Sadness.

I wasn't feeling that great. I actually haven't been feeling well for almost a week now. I didn't mention to anyone because Dude, there is always something wrong with me and I don't want to be a complainer. Even though I totally am most of the time. This? I didn't want to complain about. I don't know why :)

Well, come to think of it, I told my Dad when I saw him on Saturday that I hadn't been eating because I had been feeling nauseous and my co-worker DeAnn knows I have been having some stomach issues because we work side by side and it's kind of hard to hide something like that :) So it's not like I didn't tell anyone. This will be a plot point later.

But I will admit that I didn't tell Joe at all. He knows I have had some issues with nausea over the last few days and I haven't been eating much but that's about it.

Because I am trying not to be so much of a complainer.

So off we went to Disneyland. It was a little hotter than I thought it was going to be and I started feeling kind of yucky. We thought it was because I was too hot(with the kidney disease I have found I don't tolerate heat well at all).

I drank some Gatorade and we took lots of breaks and I was feeling O.K. Not great. But O.K.

We went on a couple of rides and saw quite a few characters. Took lots of pictures.

Suddenly I started feeling extremely nauseous. Out of nowhere. It was bad. I went into the bathroom for a long time.

I was sitting on the bathroom floor in the stall vomiting and I couldn't stop. Have you ever sat on the bathroom floor at D-Land? I don't recommend it. It's gross.

Joe got worried and sent someone in there to check on me( a complete stranger no less). I could not stop throwing up. I don't even know why, because I haven't even been eating anything due to the nausea. A lot of dry heaving. But I couldn't stop.

Finally I was able to leave the bathroom and of course we left right then. I couldn't even get all the way to the car. Joe had to leave me on a bench and go get the car and come pick me up.

It just got worse from there. Severe stomach cramps, dry heaving and nausea.

Joe called my kidney doctor from the car. He told us to go to either the E.R. or the urgent care immediately.

I hate the E.R. with a passion, and the urgent care was on our way home so we stopped there. I was a mess by then. I was in so much pain(abdominal) and feeling so nauseous.

It turns out I have an intestinal infection and am extremely dehydrated. So much so that the doctor said if I had waited even one more day I would have had to have I.V. fluids.

He sent me away with 6 prescriptions meds(1 pain med, 2 antibiotics, an anti nausea, and 1 anti-diarrheal) and a firm promise that I would drink lots and lots of fluids.

Lots. Of. Fluids. Like I may float away after I drink all of the fluids he made me promise to drink.

So now I am in bed and feeling yucky. And tired.

Also? Apparently when you have a compromised immune system telling your husband or a doctor, or even the internets that you have been feeling crummy for almost a week is not complaining.

It's called taking care of yourself.

Who knew?

I took a TON of pictures today but I'll post them tomorrow because I am so tired right now.


2china4S said...

I also tend to keep physical complaints to myself and it has cost me dearly.

I hope you are feeling much better soon. Make sure to drink those fluids, no matter how often it makes you go to the bathroom. :)

Jill said...

Oh sweetie, PLEASE take care of yourself......I know things have been tough lately, but you need to think of YOU too!
Been thinking of you!
Hugs, Jill

M3 said...

Yikes!!! Hoping those meds kick in fast and do some good. Eeesh.

Anonymous said...

Holy moley! I hope you feel better asap. That is nuts. I hate it that it can hit at a fun place.

Snowflowers Mum said...

Oh Man, that blows. Take care of yourself and do your best to drink drink drink.

thinking of you

3D said...

Egads...not good! I hope you feel better soon, soon, soon and do not float away! We would like you to stay put with us.

Keep smilin!

teena said...

oh gosh, how awful, Michelle! I can't believe you were so dehydrated and so sick. and yet you still went to disneyland. you are a tough cookie! I hope you feel better and get your energy back very soon.


Ashley said...

Michelle, I'm so sorry you are sick, but thank goodness you went into the clinic. Hope you are resting comfortably and drinking lots of fluids.

Sherri & Todd said...

You are so in my prayers!! I hate being sick and it's been a while for me knock on wood!!

Take Care

Kayce said...

Don't float away my friend! Take care of yourself and know you're in our thoughts!

Special K said...

Geez Louise! That sounds scary. Hope you start feeling better soon.