Sunday, July 04, 2010

Blog-o-Versary and Happy Fourth

Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of the day I started this blog.  Five.  Years.  I can't believe I stuck with something that long.  A kind commenter actually pointed it out to me. Even though I have a little button on my sidebar letting me know when it is, I forget every single year.  So thanks, Teena in Toronto, for reminding me that it was my blog-o-versary.  I totally forgot. This blog started out as a journal of our infertility and trying to conceive  efforts and then warped into  the journey of our adoption and now I don't even know what it is. It's been forever since I wrote anything about that, because there's nothing to write.  I don't know if it will actually happen and it's too painful to talk about so we just don't. Some days I wonder why I even keep this blog going.  I guess it's a pretty good journal of our lives.  It is handy to look back on when I want to see how we spent a certain holiday a few years back or if I want to look up a scrapbooking project I made in the past.

We didn't have a lot planned today.  I haven't left the house much at all over the last 5 days due to a back injury.  I threw my back out, are you ready for this? Sleeping on the couch.  At least the chiropractor thinks that's what did it, since I haven't done anything else differently.  Well, I did ride a bike for the first time in a long time but my back felt fine until Wednesday morning when I got up from sleeping on the couch.  I have never thrown my back out like this.  Ever.  Oh my Gosh, the pain.  I was barely able to walk for the first 3 days. All I have been doing for the last 5 days is laying in bed, icing it every 40 minutes and going to the chiropractor daily.  I found a new chiropractor near my house and he is so nice.  He even came in on a Saturday to see me.  He gave me a support belt to wear and it is feeling slightly better now.

Since it is the Fourth of July we ventured out to our friend Carla's house for a BBQ.  (Hi Carla!  Thanks for having us!) It felt weird to actually leave the house. I may have done a little bit too much walking around though because now I am feeling it.  Time for more ice.  I'm trying to decide if I even have the energy to step outside on my front porch in my pajamas and watch the fireworks that the park next door to us puts on every year.

Well  Joe thinks I'll regret it later if we don't at least poke our heads out there and see a few so I better go.

I hope everyone had a nice Independence Day!

1 comment:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

well I am so happy you started blogging! I have loved getting to know you my friend.


lea
xo