I am supposed to be participating in this thing where you post something every day on FB that you are thankful for. Well I am lame and I forget every single day, so I'm going to play catch up here and try to remember to do it from now on.
1. I am thankful for new tires. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my paycheck, but they were MUCH needed and we couldn't go up North for Thanksgiving without them.
2. I am thankful to work at a job that takes off Thanksgiving and the day after. I can't believe how many stores are open on Thanksgiving now. Big Lots is open on Thanksgiving. Big Lots! Because nothing says Thanksgiving like a lovely meal and a trip to Big Lots afterward. Sheesh.
3. I am thankful to once again be spending Thanksgiving with my sister and family, and Dad in San Francisco. My brother in law makes the most delicious thanksgiving meal. We look forward to it every year.
4. I am thankful for rice packs. I bought one from Perrin last year and I love it. It has been really helping with the severe sinus pain I have been having, and it's pretty too! (Pink toile. love it.)
5. I am also thankful for antibotics. I turns out the sinus pain I was having(it was seriously like no pain I have ever experienced before) was actually a sinus infection. I hope to be feeling better as soon as the antibiotics kick in.
6. I am thankful for Green Tea.
7. I am thankful for friends. I am very lucky to have great friends that support me, no matter what. Whether I am having a good day or a bad day, or feeling sad and need to vent. Most of them live far away. I wish they lived closer. I am so thankful to have them.
8. I'm thankful for t.v. I know that seems like a strange thing to be thankful for. Joe and I don't go out much. We spend a lot of time at home. We have a whole slew of shows that we like to sit down and watch together every week and it helps pass the time. Plus, how lucky am I that he will watch almost any show I want with me, and not complain?
9. I am thankful for my bike. Oh how I love my bike. We have been having such a great time on our bike rides. We have been taking 4 and 5 mile rides around our neighborhood to local parks. It's such a good workout too, and it doesn't hurt my back(like almost every other kind of exercise I have tried lately). We hope to be able to afford a bike rack for my car so we can try out some trails farther away.
10. I'm thankful to have a job. I know I say this all the time, but if you have a job, be thankful. Imagine how your life would change if you lost your job tomorrow. Be thankful that you have one today.
11. I'm thankful for pumpkin spice candles.
12. I am thankful that the holidays are close. Last year I did not enjoy Christmas. I worried and stressed and wallowed in self pity because we couldn't buy any presents or exchange gifts with each other. This year I have changed my attitude. Christmas only comes once a year and usually I love it and I am not wasting another whole year feeling bitter. I am going to make the most of what we have. Lots of handmade gifts and Joe and I will exchange one small gift. Bring it on Christmas! But still no Christmas music until two weeks before. I just can't do it. We have to change our radio station at work for a few weeks because they start playing it 24 hours a day a few days before Thanksgiving. It's too much!
13. I'm thankful for a good cup of coffee.
14. I am thankful for the beautiful weather we have been having. So gorgeous!
15. I am thankful to have Wednesdays off. I was feeling so poorly yesterday due to the sinus infection and it was so nice to be able to rest instead of having to drag myself to work.
16. I am thankful for my dog. She is always so happy to see me when I come home after being away. Every single time.
17. I am thankful for Joe. (This list is in no particular order. It means nothing that Joe was next to last. LOL)
18. I am thankful for Featherbeds. We got one a couple months ago and it is like sleeping on a cloud.
There. I'm caught up.
What are you thankful for?