Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Whine

Car accidents suck. 

Like they really, really suck.  

I never imagined how this was going to affect my life.  

Every aspect of my life.  

It's affecting my job because I have to leave early three times a week to go to physical therapy.  
THREE times a week.  More than half my (work) week.  And I have to go for three months!

That puts me home at seven or seven thirty, depending on whether I have to go to the store or run an errand.  

I'm so tired.  


I'm tired of being in pain.  This will probably sound stupid but I didn't know I would still be in so much pain.  My back and neck hurt all of the time.  I thought I would be over that at four weeks post accident.  Physical therapy has been working but I've only been four times and it's slow going.  

I did have a massage last night and it was lovely.  I did feel better after that.  

It's affecting my weekends because I can't DO anything and I end up laying around.  I'm so sad to be missing the dragon boat practices.   It wouldn't have worked out anyway, with joe working Saturday nights, because he would be sleeping on Sunday but I could have gone alone.  I miss it. 

I can't ride.   I miss that.   I haven't even been to see the horses in forever.  

Joe and I are working opposite shifts right now.  He's working 9:30 pm(right when I'm getting ready for bed) to 5:30 am, which puts him home around 6:00 and I'm getting ready to go to work.  

Thankfully we still get to have dinner together.  Otherwise we wouldn't see each other at all. Other than that,  from the sharing a rental car standpoint it's the perfect schedule.  

Still having to use a rental because my only working car broke down two weeks after my "new" car was in an accident.  When it rains it pours.  

My car is still not fixed.  It's beyond ridiculous.   I had to pay for the first week of the rental car myself and now the ins company doesn't want to pay for more than a few days of the new one because my car should have been fixed by now.  

Ummm......Ya think?! In order for that to happen everyone would have to get their heads out of their you know what's.  The attorney.  The ins co.  The repair shop.  None of this has gone as it should have, from the very beginning.  

I really can't take much more of this.  

Now I'm coming down with a cold and I feel crummy, which is probably what prompted this whiny post in the first place.   

I'm going to bed with a cup of tea and copious amounts of Vicks.  

I'll feel better in the morning.  

1 comment:

Always wear your tiara said...

It stinks, it really does and you have every right to be upset particularly as this was not your doing!

Glad Joe is working. How awesome is that?

Feel better soon.