Sunday, April 11, 2010

About Last Night

So yeah, I mentioned that I was feeling better today.  What I didn't mention is how rough last night was.

Around 9:00 I started having chills and a severe headache.  Like the worst headache I have had, ever. I took some Advil.  I know, I'm not supposed to take Advil but desperate times call for desperate measures, right?  So I took 2 Advil.  No relief.  So I took one more.  At this point I was feeling so poorly that I decided to go to bed.  I was having chills so bad I was shaking.  I piled as many blankets as I could find on me and attempted to go to sleep.  No luck.  Too much coughing to sleep.  Got up and took some Robitussin.  Took my temperature.  It was 101.  This after I had taken 3 Advil.

At this point I remembered what the nurse had told me. If I got worse I should consider going to the hospital, at the very least to be given I.V. fluids.  Contemplated it for a moment but honestly I was feeling so ill the thought of getting up and driving over to the hospital made me want to cry.  I decided to wait and see how I felt in the morning.

Tried to go back to sleep.  I was *freezing* cold.   Literally shaking.  Finally managed to doze of into a fitful sleep.

Woke up at 2:30 to use the bathroom.  While in there I started to feel dizzy and extremely nauseous. Started vomiting.  Felt the most miserable I have ever felt in my entire life.  Thankfully the vomiting didn't last long.  Stumbled back to bed.  Managed to doze off again.

An hour later woke up feeling like the sheets were wet.  Turned on the light to find it was in fact me that was soaking wet, along with the sheets and pillows I was sleeping on.  I'm guessing that meant the fever had broken.

Finally fell into a deep sleep and stayed that way until the morning.  Woke up this morning feeling almost normal(aside from the cough and body aches).

It's looking now like I most certainly had(have) the flu.  I can understand why the nurse thought it might only be a cold, as some of the flu like symptoms didn't come on until after I spoke with him, but deep down I suspected it was the flu.  I need to listen to my intuition more.  I'm not sure how it would have changed things, because I was dead set against going to the hospital(even though I probably should have).  But I should not be so stubborn and I need to take care of myself better. 

I hope I didn't infect too many people.  I'm sure Joe will come down with it, but I'm hoping my co-workers will be spared, as well as the children I work with on Mondays and Wednesdays.  Especially the babies.  I'm always kissing on them.

O.K. I'm done talking about how sick I have been.  I do realize how boring it is.

3 comments:

Journeywoman said...

It's not boring. i'm just glad you're feeling better.

2china4S said...

Not boring, but practically my life now. :) Sounds like a really rough night. Glad you are doing better.

Since you have been watching movies, have you looked at:
www.ninjavideo.net

They also have TV series (old and new) and no commercials. Take it easy and be good to yourself.

frogglet said...

sorry you were feeling so bad, but glad your feeling a little better. It does sound like the flu. Take care.