Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dragon boat season

And just like that, dragon boat season is upon us. How does the year fly by so fast? Seriously. In the blink of an eye.

I am ecstatic(as usual).

The kick off picnic was today. Oh how I love our team. This will be my fifth season with them. There is serious talk this year about going year round. And also going to two festivals this year and participating in two races. Our usual races in long beach, as well as one in L.A. It makes my heart sing.

I have missed it so.

It was nice too, to be around people who understand how hard the whole referral date has been for us. Lots of hugs and supportive words. How lucky we are to have this support system.

It's hard for me to put into words what it is about this sport that I love so much.

Camaraderie

Physical exertion

Ties to a culture that we have grown to love

Teamwork

Sunshine

Salt water

Weekly trips to In 'n Out Burger

What's not to love? :)

Only a few more weeks!

I can hardly wait.



No comments: