Sunday, June 04, 2006

Another glorious Sunday









Here are some pictures from our beautiful day today. We attempted to go to the Temecula Valley Wine and Balloon Festival. I say "attempted" because it was my brilliant idea to go at 12:00 in the afternoon. Ummm...this was the weather in Temecula Valley today. It was hot. Miserably hot. And we were there during the hottest part of the day. Thanks to me! Apparently I can't take that kind of heat. I don't know what has changed, because I was in China in August, people, and there is no heat like that, I'm telling you! I was fine in China. It must be the high blood pressure or something, because I could not take the heat. I got deathly ill and almost passed out. Joe came very close to calling the medic, but I talked him out of it. How embarrassing! So we stayed about forty five minutes before I had to get out of the heat. Bummer. Next time we'll know to go later in the day. We didn't get to see any balloons either, aside from that orange one. We were told the balloons launch early in the morning, and then come down because of the winds, and launch again in the evening. Bummer again. But hey, now we know, right? The day wasn't a complete waste, because I took Joe to two of my favorite wineries that I knew about from my trip there without him in February. That was fun. First we visited Thornton Winery. I had to pick up a bottle of my favorite sparkling wine, Almondage. It is sooooo yummy. We have decided to put it away and save it for when I have lost 40 pounds. Yeah, it'll be awhile. Something to look forward to! We also visited Longshadow Ranch and Winery. I love it there. It is so beautiful. We spent about an hour there, kickin' back in the shade under their misters. I love the horses too. They are Belgians. One of my best childhood friends had a Belgian when I was growing up, so I have a soft spot for them. They're so cute. I had a horse growing up too, until I was twenty-five, but had to give it up when I was in college. That's a story for another time. Anyway, another great weekend come to an end. Hope yours was good too.


P.S. Want to know the best part of the trip? The hour long ride up and back with the air conditioning blasting listening to oldies from the 60's and 70's on the radio with my husband. Neil Diamond, Lionel Richie, the Eagles, the Beatles, even Micheal Jackson. I think we might be getting old! I love spending time with my hubby.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Glad to see you did make it to the Temecula Wine and Balloon Fest...told ya it was as hot as the face of Mars. Looks like you still had fun :)

M3 said...

That's a beautiful picture of you with the umbrella!

Glad the biopsy is over with, and take care of yourself this week.

Jenna said...

It sounds like a lot of fun even though it was really hot!!! I hate the heat too!

glo said...

Wow. Now that really does look like lots of fun.