Saturday, October 07, 2006

Bored no Longer

I was just in the middle of a post about how I'm tired of being sick and sitting at home(although I did venture out to go to lunch with my Dad), when my husband came home with a surefire boredom buster. You see, one of the perks of his part time job is that at the end of the month they remove all of last month's magazines from the racks to replace with the next month's issues. After they remove the old ones, they rip the covers off(they are required to do this. I don't know why) and then the employees get to take the ones they want for free! So he just walked in with twelve scrapbooking magazines for me to read. Twelve! Who knew there were even that many magazines dedicated to scrapbooking? Not me! So now I have something to keep me occupied for at least a couple of hours. Maybe it might even inspire me to actually work on my scrapbooks instead of just reading about it. It could happen!

2 comments:

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

I know the answer !

They tear the front cover off because that is all they are required to return to the publisher. They do the same with paperback books. They return the cover and report the item as "unsold"

How is that for an odd bit of trivia?

Anonymous said...

Cool! Now, if only I could find someone to do that for me with knitting magazines, I'd be all set. Have fun reading them!!