Thursday, April 10, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

I made it safely home last night.  My poor husband.  He missed me so much and was so happy to see me and all I did in the car on the way home was go on and on about how much fun I had and then totally burst into tears and said I wanted to move to San Francisco to be closer to my sister and niece and nephew and they have lots of colleges up North and why can't he get a job there?  
Today I even looked online at apartments for rent.  I know this will pass and I'm not quite ready to leave the job that I love and everything that is familiar to me, but I really do wish we lived closer.

Even though I didn't want to come home, I did miss my husband, and my dog and our home.  
It was back to the grind today, and we were crazy busy, so the day just flew by, which is a good thing and tomorrow is Friday already!

Today is Thankful Thursday, so here are mine for today:

1.  Something I have been praying for over the last four months happened today, and I am so thankful for it.  I promised my husband I would(try to) cool it with the personal details of our lives on this here blog, but it has to do with him, and our financial situation and it is such a relief that it finally happened.  I was beginning to think it never would.
2.  I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to take that trip and that I had such a great time and that the trip was made safely.
3.  I'm thankful that tomorrow is Friday. Short work weeks rock!

4 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

You have sparked my interest in the "news"... I will respect your husbands wishes and not pry. But whatever it is congrats!!! Good news is always great!

Everytime I go to SF area I get tempted to move there. Love it.

OH MY #6 said...

great post Michelle. You are so sweet.

Lea

Kayce said...

Oh that would be so cool if you moved up here! Okay I shouldn't push right!

Glad you made it home and just thing the weekend is here!

DeAnn said...

Thanks for helping me today with my blog thing. Im glad we are home but I know how you feel about living closer to family. Its so hard without them! Have a great weekend!