Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fun in the Sun


Whew!  What a whirlwind weekend I had.   I'm still tired from it.

I had Friday off, which I was excited about since I haven't had a day off since Christmas.  Joe and I had plans to go to the zoo, but M3 sent me an e-mail letting me know they were going to be in town for their annual Disneyland trip, so I dropped him like a hot potato(sorry Joe!).  He is always so understanding about those things.

It took me awhile to get moving on Friday(hey-it was my day off).  I got to the park around 11:00 which turned out to be perfect timing as M3 and family had only been there an hour or so.

Once we found each other we hit the park for some rides.  Let me tell you, little Ro and Ree are fearless!
We rode Thunder Mountain and Matterhorn and they loved every minute.  I know I wasn't that brave when I was their age.

While I was there I also had the pleasure of meeting up OziMum and her family, who were visiting all the way from Australia.  What a treat!  Such a fun family. 

The family from No More Work Than One were there too but we didn't meet up with them until dinner, as they were off exploring CA Adventure for most of the day.  It was fun to meet them.  What beautiful girls H2 and S2 are.

Having all those twins around made me wish my own twin was there too.
Soon it was time for lunch.  As a rule, I don't buy food at Disneyland.  It's simply too expensive.  I brought all my own food in.  Here's what I packed  for a full day at the park:



It probably looks like a lot but I ended up not eating the Ritz bits or Funyons.  I know that was just so fascinating for you all to know.  LOL.  But I have had people ask me how I afford to go to Disney so often and not spend a ton of money while in the park.  Bringing my own food makes a huge difference with that.

As for the rest of the day, I was having so much fun I forgot to take pictures.  I did snap one of the two of us while we were in line for the Carousel.


The highlight of the day for Ro and Ree was meeting Rapunzel from Tangled. 
 Actually, I was pretty excited too.  :)

The first time around Flynn Rider had to go to the stables and feed his horse some apples(that's what the castmember said), so they didn't get to meet him.  When he came back they were peeking at him through the doorway and got so excited they decided to wait in line again, in hopes of meeting him this time.

It was about a 45 minute wait, so M3 and I found a spot at a table in the shade and had a nice long visit.  (Thanks to TubaDad for standing in line so we could do that-you rock!).

The much anticipated Flynn Rider.  His hair kind of freaked me out.


Siging autographs

The Money shot

I decided to get in on the action too.  Too bad my camera didn't want to cooperate.  The flash didn't go off.  Oh well.  You can kind of make out who is who.




Our fun extended on into dinner, until we all were about to fall over from exhaustion and headed to our respective hotels (and home).

I wish I had taken more pictures but it's a sign that I had
a good time if I just forgot to get my camera out of my bag for almost the whole day.


   M3 has more photos on her blog.


A fun, fun time was had.


Part Two of my weekend coming tomorrow.

2 comments:

M3 said...

Wonderful to get to hang out with you!!! And you are such a good sport for putting up with two Rapunzel waits. xoxxoo.

Catherine said...

Glad you had such a great day hanging with M3 and the others. Fun, fun, FUN! And yes, you're so right...Ro and Ree are fearless!