Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I did not cry at Costco

Despite having a pretty good weekend I am still feeling blue.

I called in sick yesterday.  I very rarely call in sick.  This flare up is kicking my butt.  I'm feeling better today but still very achy and so tired.
I think this flare up is feeding this depressive episode.  Or maybe it's the other way around.  Maybe they feed each other. 

Either way, I feel like crap, mentally and physically.

I had to go to costco tonight to pick up my prescriptions. Costco is, of course, in the location where I used to live. I really need to switch all of my day to day "stuff" like prescriptions nearer to where I live now.

But I haven't done that yet.  So I  went to costco.  In the town where I used to live.

As soon as I pulled into the parking lot I was engulfed in home sickness again.  Coupled with not feeling well I could feel my emotions coming up to the surface.  I almost just left and went home.  I was totally out of medication though, so I couldn't, so I went inside and went to the pharmacy to fill my medications. 

It was the sight of the pharmacist that almost did me in.  I love the pharmacy staff at my costco.
Joe and I have been going there for years.  They are so friendly.  They know my name. They know joe's name.  If one of us comes in without the other, they always ask about the other.  Like today "how's joe doing?"  I fought the urge to tell him we weren't living together and it was sad.  I am a classic over sharer.  But I didn't do that.  Lucky them.  :)

One of them even knows where I work, and when she calls there to verify a prescription she knows my voice on the phone. 

Now that's customer service.

I'm  so sad to have to go somewhere else.  I'm sure the people at my new costco will be friendly too.

But it won't be the same.

As I pulled out of the parking lot with my prescriptions I felt so sad knowing that I probably would not be going back there.

I did not cry at costco today.

I will consider that an improvement.

I did not cry.  I did, however, write a nice long note to the manager letting them know what a fantastic pharmacy staff they have. I hope they get it.

No comments: