Sunday, April 09, 2006

A Perfect Sunday

We're finally feeling better around here. The Plague seems to be gone. Thank goodness! We had our last visit with the social worker yesterday. It went fine. We barely cleaned at all. So different from the first time she came! It looks like we're kind of in a holding pattern until I go back to the urologist for the tests he ordered. Our homestudy is almost finished, but she will need my medical form to complete it. There's nothing we can do right now but wait until the end of April, when my tests are scheduled. I guess I'd better get used to this waiting thing. Apparently we're going to be doing a lot of it! We just kind of hung around the house yesterday after the visit. We were both still feeling tired from being sick. Today I had breakfast with my Dad, since I had to go over and pick up my suitcase for next week's trip to S.F. Only six more days to go. Yippee! After I got home from Dad's, Joe and I headed over to the Laguna Coast Wilderness Park for some hiking. Now that the time has changed, we have vowed to get off of the couch more and actually get some exercise! It is so beautiful there, and it is just a short jaunt down the road for us. It is amazing what you can find practically in your own backyard(if you just get off of the couch and look!) We took a brisk 45 minute hike through the Laguna Canyons. Beautiful! And the weather was perfect. Just enough of a breeze to keep us cool, which was good because I was sweating up a storm! Man I'm out of shape! After the hike we stopped in at Laguna Koi Ponds, where we saw lots of these. Joe loves it there. We never drive through Laguna Canyon without stopping by. I could tell he's bummed we don't have our pond set up right now. We took it down for our first social worker visit. We thought it was too much of a safety hazard for a toddler. With the wait times looking longer and longer, we might just decide to set it back up for the Summer. It brought Joe so much enjoyment last summer(and me too), especially when we had fish in it. We can always take it back down again when we get closer to a referral. I'm off to make dinner, then Joe and I are going to watch a movie on pay-per-view. A perfect Sunday!

No comments: