Thursday, April 06, 2006

The plan for today

So far I am not enjoying my day off as much as I had hoped. I didn't sleep again last night. At five a.m. I was wide awake and ready to scream because I was so tired and yet couldn't sleep. It has to be some kind of cruel joke that I awoke at that ungodly hour on a day that I could have slept in! *Warning* Gross Menstrual talk ahead* This has been the period from Hell. I am bleeding more than I think I ever have in my life. That's one of the reasons I couldn't sleep. I had to keep getting up and cleaning myself up. I soaked through two pairs of sweat pants. I finally just put a towel in the bed so I wouldn't have to keep getting up. I soaked that too. I may have to call the doctor. I always put off doing so because A) They never seem too concerned, and B) I always wait so long to call that the problem subsides. That seems to be the case now. It has at least slowed quite a bit from last night. I fell like crap though. Lightheaded. Severe headache. Cramps. Exhausted. Blech. *Gross menstrual talk is now over.* Thank goodness I don't have to go to work. Anyway, here is what I have planned for today. I don't know if I will accomplish it all, but here's what I hope to get done:
10:00 a.m. Leave the house to get to my doctor's appointment, allowing myself plenty of time for traffic.
10:20-10:30 Arrive at Doctor's office
10:30 They take me back right on time for my exam(hey, one can always hope!)
11:00 Meet with radiologist to go over results of said exam. He/she tells me that my scan is clean and there is absolutely nothing to worry about and we'll see you next year(the power of positive thinking)
11:30 Go to lunch with my husband
12:45 Arrive home.
12:45-1:45 Clean the whole house, top to bottom. Kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom, complete with mopping of floors and getting a handle on the uncontrollable laundry situation that is going on in our bedroom.
1:45-1:30 Run errands. Pick up prescriptions and something for dinner.
1:30-2:00 Stop by scrapbook store to pick up supplies for more mini books. I want to try one that is geared towards the trip to China. I'm tossing around the idea of selling these(trying to sell them).
2:00-2:30 Take the dogs for a brisk walk. The weather is beautiful today! So different from yesterday.
2:30-3:30 Begin mini scrapbook
3:30-4:30 Mess around on the computer. Check my blogs.
4:30-5:30 Finish laundry. Fold and put it all away(this will never happen. Again, the power of positive thinking!)
5:30-6:00 Prepare dinner.
6:00-6:30 Eat dinner
6:30 Prepare dinner for Joe.
6:30-7:00 Wash dishes, clean up after dinner
7:15 Greet Joe at ther door, get him his dinner.
Spend the rest of the night cuddled up on the couch with husband. A very fruitful day!

No comments: