Sunday, June 24, 2007

Our cooking night was delayed one day because Joe was tired after work last night, but we finished the meal that we cooked together a short while ago. While I was up in S.F. visiting my sister, I picked up one of these for Joe for Father's Day. It is a Sushi maker, and tonight we made homemade Sushi! It was some of the best Sushi I have ever eaten. We started off the evening with a trip to our local Asian supermarket. That in itself was quite an experience! We were the only white people in the whole store. They had live seafood for sale in tanks. Crabs, lobster, fish, shellfish. It was pretty cool. Some of the stuff they had in their bakery and seafood aisle I haven't seen since I was in China! Of course, I had to take some pictures. I'm pretty sure the other shoppers thought I was crazy. We picked up some of those yummy pork buns that I love. They are so good. After picking up all the necessary ingredients, we came home and made several different types of sushi rolls. We made two different types of salmon rolls, a California roll, and Unagi(eel). The Sushi maker worked perfectly, and was so easy to use! I highly recommend them. I know we will be getting a lot of use out of ours. We love Sushi, but find ita bit too expensive to out and eat it very often, and now we can make it at home. With all of the stuff we bought, we'll be having sushi for days. Each recipe made twenty four pieces, and we only made half that, so we had a ton of stuff left over. Sushi for lunch tomorrow. Yum!

4 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I love sushi and my husband would adore a sushi maker!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, sounds yummy!
Stephanie
forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

M3 said...

Yum!!!! Sounds delicious. I think we might need one of those.

JMCS said...

What a cool contraption! I am not a big sushi fan but hubby loves it. Thanks for telling us about it.

Hugs,
Jonni