Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sorry if yesterday's post scared some of you. No, nothing happened. I was just looking at my wedding ring and wondering if it was some kind of foreshadowing that they cut it off two weeks ago when I was at the emergency room. I'm feeling sad. And tired. There is so much work involved in "fixing" the problems we have been having. Lots of appointments to go to and lots of talking to do. I'm tired of talking. I wish everything would just be O.K. again. We are coming up our fifteenth wedding anniversary next week. I'm supposed to be celebrating. Not worrying and shedding tears and being angry at the person I love. I wish last week never happened.

6 comments:

ShellyH said...

Happy upcoming anniversary. I will be celebrating #23 in April. Part of what makes a good marriage GREAT is getting through the rough patches, as they make you stronger.

Anonymous said...

Happy Upcoming Anniversary.

Sometimes it just sucks. Change is only possible when you both want it.

Hoping you're feeling better.

mommy24treasures said...

I hope things get better.
Thanks so much for brightening my mailbox today:)

kitchu said...

I will be praying for you both- if you can weather this together, at least make that decision, to be in it together- I promise you will both come out stronger for it.

I know you're tired and want things to just be okay. Sometimes that takes a mountain of work. Don't stop working.

Thinking of you two.

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

The ring can be repaired and so can your marriage.

Both take the right tools and some work, but both can be fixed.

Everyone Has a Story... said...

Having been married for 22 years, I can tell you that it is not easy. It is true, the rough patches will make your marraige stronger, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, really.
It must be hard, waiting for Sophie, trying to keep things going smoothly at home, working and keeping healthy.
I think you are doing a great job in holding things together for your family. Keep up the good work, we will all be thinking good thoughts for you!
Kim