It's thankful Thursday again! Here's a couple of mine.
1. Thank you Ge.orge Bu.sh for the tax rebate check. It finally did arrive at our house, almost two weeks late. Unfortunately, we will not be able to use it to help the failing economy like you had hoped. No, the entire check went to pay past due bills that have been piling up since my husband lost his job five months ago. No shopping sprees for us. But we are grateful to have received it. Thanks.
2. I am thankful my husband has found a new job and has been working full time for the last two weeks. That means we'll get a paycheck next week that will help greatly with the hole we have fallen into.
3. It just so happens that my husband is working for a very large retail corporation that provides excellent benefits for both himself and family. After six months, he can begin receiving those benefits and I can switch over to his insurance plan, which is better than the one I am on now. It will also provide healthcare for our child when she comes home. He isn't even eligible for health benefits at the university where he teaches since they keep him just below the full time course load and he hasn't been able to obtain a full time position. In addition to the awesome health benefits, they offer an adoption reimbursement of $5,000.00 to employees who choose adoption to grow their families. This is will be an unbelievable and amazing blessing for us after we bring Sophie home. This job has answered more than one of our prayers.
4. Tomorrow is Friday already. Short weeks rock!
5. Only 24 more days until we go camping in Big Sur and meet up with Kayce and family. Yahoo!!!!