We're at my sister's house. The fire got worse and we decided not to go back today. I was hopeful that we could, but we had to check out of the hotel at noon and at that point the fire was zero percent contained and we had to go somewhere. I just can't believe our vacation has turned out this way. We have been looking forward to this for six months. We're not exactly sure what we will do next. We'll spend the night here and decide in the morning. If Highway 1 remains closed we will probably just go home. We really don't have the money to do anything "vacationy" here.(It's a word, I swear). Our camping trip was already paid for and we had bought all the food already and had really only planned on spending money for gas. I'm so dissapointed. I'll get over it. The two days we had were amazing. Beatiful weather, good friends, good times. I just wish it hadn't been so short lived! Here are a few pictures.
Here's Joe and me on the drive up, oblivious to the events that were to follow. Don't we look happy?
Here is the thunderstorm that caused the lightening that started the fire. Curse you thunderstorm!
Here's the Teague family(minus Austin. He was in the river with Cameron). This is before the nice Ranger came to tell us we might have to "voluntarily" evacuate.