Monday, July 24, 2006

Still Blah

I am not feeling great again today. Yesterday I was a little better. I was able to make it to my aunt and uncle's house to see the family, and it was so much fun. I wish we all lived closer. Our visits are too few and far between. I got home late, and went directly to bed. This morning I woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose, feeling simply exhausted. Dragged myself to work(literally) at 6:45 a.m. I managed to make it to a quarter of twelve before bursting into tears and declaring I had to go home, I was just feeling too rotten to stay. I feel bad leaving my co-workers like that. I know they need me, with my boss off this month, and they are the only two people working there that actually show up on a regular basis and are conscientious. It is unlike me to just leave in the middle of the day, but I was of no help to them anyway, in that condition. So I came home and slept. I slept for two hours before the electricity went out. Yes, our electricty went out at two o' clock in the afternoon, right when it starts to really get hot at our house. It was 96 degrees at 2:00(which I know is still cool compared to other cities). We kept the house closed up, and it stayed bearable until the electricity came on at 5:00. I don't know what I would have done otherwise. If I was feeling alright, I would have just gone to the mall or something, but I'm pretty sick and laying on the couch is about the extent of my abilities right now. Aside from the air conditioning, I was concerned with how I was going to entertain myself with no electricity, and what I was going to do when it got dark. Thankfully I don't have to worry about those things now. I am seriously considering calling in sick tomorrow. I have enough sick time, and I feel rotten right now. I'll just see how I feel in the next few hours. I'm going to have to come up with a plan to lower my stress levels and get more sleep or I have a feeling I am going to be getting sick a lot. Sigh.

No comments: