Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Bat out of Hell

That's what I drove like today. Like a crazy person. Over the speed limit, changing lanes without signaling, honking at people who got in my way. Like a Bat out of Hell. But Michelle, what would posess you to drive in such an unsafe manner, you might be asking yourself. To get the last few documents of our dossier in my posession. I drove over sixty miles today. I obtained all of the letters I need. Joe and I both had blood drawn. (They forgot to test us for Hepatitis when we had our physicals. Can you believe that?) This paperchase that has lasted almost a year is now officially over. Now we wait for the letter giving us our group number(the same as DTC). When that day comes, there will be much celebrating at my house. But for now there is relief. A huge sigh of relief.

6 comments:

Gracencameronsmomy said...

WOO HOO! That is how they drive in China, ya know...Oh yeah, you know...
Lisa

Michele said...

Congratulations, Michelle. The paperchase is stressful under the best of circumstances and you sure had your share of ups and downs. I hope that you get your LID quickly and the wait speeds up so that you are on your way to China to bring Sophie home!!!!!! Go out and celebrate now, you can celebrate again once you get your LID LOL. I celebrated with every month that past....lol.

Congrats again,
Michele, www.ourjourneytoalyssa.blogspot.com

Joannah said...

Finally! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate - our docs are being overnighted to our agency RIGHT NOW. It's so nice to finally be done! Congratulations!

Kim said...

Yippee!!! I'm thrilled for you. Congrats!

Shelley said...

At last, huh? Many congrats! Now you can relax.