Thursday, September 14, 2006

I am not freaking out(that much) anymore. Thank you for all of your comments. I have spoken with my social worker and she is convinced that this is not a problem. We are going to try and get the nephrologist to write a more positive letter, that states my disease does not compromise my life expectancy, and that the drug therapy has been successful. If he won't do it, I'll find one that will. My main concern right now is that we get our Log in Date in the next month. Joe is going to call about our I171 tomorrow. It has been seven weeks since we were fingerprinted, and two weeks since I sent them the additional documentation they asked for. I'm tired of waiting already! I'm ready for this paperchase to be over. I want to place this in God's hands and have faith that everything will work out the way it is supposed to. It's all I can do right now.


Katie said...

Sounds like its looking up. You have a great attitude. I'm sure if your agency is encouraging you all will be just fine, and who knows maybe there will be a speed up soon! We can only hope!

Sandy said...

Michelle, glad you are doing better. I don't have any specifics on adoption and kidney disease but I did want to reassure you that you are not alone in having struggles and personal concerns over this adoption process. I think we are all entitled to those moments where we wonder what if we go through this whole process and are still turned down. Heck, I had a recent breakdown like that too, and a few days later I was back leaning on my faith again. Your husband Joe sounds like a good person with such wonderful words of reassurance. Faith will carry us both through and hopefully a couple of years from now we will be exchanging pictures of our daughters and looking back on this time and laughing! (((HUGS)))