Saturday, September 02, 2006

Crossing the Line

My husband and I have a lot of pets. I think it might be a side effect of the infertility. Among those pets are our two dogs. And like many other people, we treat them like people. They are allowed on the couch. They sleep in bed with us(under the covers!). But the one thing I swore I would never do is dress them. We both think that dressing your dog in clothing is silly and that is a line that we would never cross. Until now. This is completely my sister's fault. When she was visiting a couple of weeks ago, she bought this for my dog. Yes, it's a pink T-shirt with the Chinese symbol for "Love" written on it. And I have to admit, it's kind of cute. And yet still so wrong. But I secretly like it, and even admit to surfing the internet looking at other T-shirts for her. Don't tell my husband. (This is how I entertain myself while sitting home alone while my husband works the night shift.) For a hilarious picture of my dog wearing the shirt, go here. I'm going to get some new hobbies. I promise.

6 comments:

Joannah said...

That's too funny!

Sandra said...

Loved the upclose photo! OMG, I laughed out loud!

Kristin said...

The dog actually looks smug to be wearing the shirt... like, "see how cute I am?!" I love it!

M3 said...

Ha!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy said...

Hi Michelle!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your supportive comment. Being a fellow dawg owner, I can appreciate a great doggie picture. My husband freaks if I even allow the groomer to put a bandana on our dawgs so a tshirt would be a definite no-no!

rubyiscoming said...

HAHAHA - I still haven't dressed my labradors (size and all) but this cracked me up!