Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Job Interview

Joannah was right(comment on last post). Today I had a job interview. It went very well, I think. They want to see me back on Thursday, so that's a good sign. This job has almost all of the things that I had decided I wanted in an job. The pay I wanted, closer to home(fifteen minutes), the same hours(7-4). It seemed like the perfect job, but(C'mon, you knew there was a but) they don't offer health insurance. Yet. They are thinking about offering it and it could be soon, but as of right now they don't. So I'm not sure I can take it. The insurance is the number one priority on my list. I simply can't afford to pay for the COBRA benefits much longer. I'm hoping another job comes along, but I really like this one. It is a small office, and the people seemed nice. Oh, I forgot to tell you what the job is. I would be working the front office at a Vet's office. I think it will be fun. I would be answering phones, pulling charts, greeting patients, and ordering supplies. A big change from my old job. And that's a good thing. So I'll go back on Thursday and make my decision then. I don't want to think about it on my day off. But you know I will.

2 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I hope that you find a job that is a good fit for you. Cobra is so expensive, so I can understand why you need a job that provides insurance.

Joannah said...

Aside from the healthcare issue, it sounds great! Your such an animal lover. I think you'd really find that position rewarding.

I hope it/something works out. When you love your job, life is good!

Keep us posted!!!