Sunday, July 15, 2007

Randomness

Yeah, it's word. Can I first say that moving sucks? Well, it does. It is sucking the life out of me right now as I type this. I got up this morning and decided I was going to start packing some boxes for the move that is supposed to occur in 26 days. (26! days!). The first problem is that we have Too. Much. Stuff. Especially books. It is taking me a box and a half to empty one shelf of books. That means we are going to need about eleven thousand boxes. Give or take a few. I'm serious. We have that many books. Guess how many bookcase we have shoved into our tiny thousand square foot apartment? Go on, guess. Ten. Ten bookcases. In my opinion, that is about seven too many. My husband disagrees. I just did a rough estimate of how many books we have(I counted the books on one shelf and multiplied them by how many shelves were on each book case. Yes, as a matter of fact I do have too much time on my hands) We have at least a thousand books. One. Thousand. And that's just a rough estimate. It is probably a bit higher than that. And I have to put each and every one of those books into a box. I am so excited. In other, non-moving news, I have been having fun playing around with my new kitchen gadget. Yesterday at Cost Co my Dad bought me one of these. It is the coolest thing ever! And so easy to use. Now I can actually buy food at Cost Co and not have to throw half of it away because it goes bad before I can eat it. Yesterday I took all of the food we bought and put them into individual packages so when we want to eat them we just take them out of the fridge or freezer and we're good to go. And did you know you can use it for non-food items too? We're going camping in a couple of weeks and I am going to seal my clothes in them. Yes, my clothes! Last year we went camping and a huge jug of water spilled all over my duffle bag and got my clothes all wet. Not this year! It works kind of like those space saver bags, but better. Yes, I am quite excited about it, and No, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. Well, I better get back to packing!

3 comments:

Gracencameronsmomy said...

You should try and get rid of a lot of stuff bfore you move...What are the exact dates of camping?

Shelley said...

Moving does suck. I agree with Lisa - try to purge as much as possible. This is the best time to do it.

Good luck,

Shell

redmaryjanes said...

Packing does suck, but camping sounds like fun.