Saturday, August 25, 2012

When it rains it pours

Am blogging from my phone.  My computer died this morning.  I have no idea why.  It just won't turn on.  Joe thinks it has something to do with the battery but I can't afford a new battery right now so I'm not even going to bother with a trip to the apple store.  It's going to have to wait until my next paycheck.

When it rains it pours.

That certainly seems to be the case with me lately.

Yesterday I went to the doctor with some troubling foot pain and was diagnosed with gout.  I didn't even know exactly what gout was, but I thought only old people got it.  That is not the case.  People with kidney disease can be more susceptible though, especially those who don't drink enough water.  Turns out I was very dehydrated.  Don't worry, I am under strict orders to hydrate this weekend.

So yeah, gout.  Tons of fun.  The doctor prescribed me a course of prednisone to treat it, so that should help with my emotional well being while I handle the stress of moving.  Prednisone makes me a little crazy.  Timing couldn't be worse on that one.

I moved most of my things yesterday.  The rest will be moved tomorrow.  I'll spend one day cleaning out our apartment and that will be that.  I will be living somewhere else, away from my husband.

I wish I could say that I have some peace with this decision but I don't.  There are still many tears being shed about it.

I hope that when I am fully moved I can get some semblance of normalcy back, although I really don't see how that could happen while I am living away from my husband of twenty years, who is also my best friend.   :(

I guess time will tell.


3 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Please take care of you.

Love to you Michelle

lea
xo

dawn said...

Lots of people are in your corner, I'm one of them. I hope it helps to know that we are all thinking of you.

Hopefully not seeing the "old normal" each day will help you to settle into the new normal. I don't know I just wanted to say something, anything that might help. I'm better with hugs that with words.....

Sybil said...

Cherry juice helps flush the excess uric acid. People swear by it for gout.

Sending positive thoughts.