Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thaanksgiving

I know Thanksgiving isn't a holiday known for the giving of gifts, but I received a lovely gift this Thanksgiving. It came from the kids, and it is soooo appreciated(O.K., sarcasm is over now). You probably want to know what it is. Well, it is a nasty case of the stomach flu! Lucky me! :) There is only one word to describe the manner in which I vomited last night. Violently. Eight times. Ugh. Today I feel like I have been run over by a truck and I could barely lift my head off the pillow. This is the first time I have been out of bed all day. It is very rare that I become so sick that I can't drag myself out of bed in the morning and at least open. Today was one of those days. I slept on the bathroom floor last night, drenched in sweat and wrapped in a blanket. *Note to self: Must clean bathroom* We sent two kids home because they threw up last week, and we were even joking about how I was soooo going to catch it, but I didn't expect to get it so quickly. Me being sick caused huge problems at work again for me, I'm sure. My boss took this week off, and she was none too happy when my husband called at 6:00 a.m. and told her she would have to go in because I coiuldn't. I don't feel bad this time. I can't help it. My immune system is compromised right now. When you are sick, you're sick. I can honestly say I have never called in sick if I was physically able to go in. This morning I was not physically able to do anything but lay in bed. I don't feel like I should have to apologize for that. My boss feels differently. Sigh. Anyway, depending on how I am feeling in the morning, we may end up just staying home and spending a quiet Thanksgiving, just the two of us. Judging by how I feel right now, that will be the case.

No comments: